So, tell me about the Diva cup.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
As far as using it away from home I just remove it while on the toilet. Dump into the stool. Wipe it off and out with TP and reinsert. Works while I am at work just beautifully. I use TP to wipe off any drips on my hands so I can get to the sink without "looking like an ax murder". :lol:

Talk about TMI. I am at THAT age and some of my periods I feel like someone is butchering a calf instead of having a period. I was going through a heavy duty tampon every HOUR!!! (the up side to this is my period is lasting about three days instead of a week. ;) ) The cup makes it a BUNCH easier.

The only time I DON'T use it is at night. Again possibly just the way I am built or how I sleep, but I tend to get leakage at night so I just use a tampon then.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
abifae said:
when i was still having my period, i used the natural sponge tampons. you boiled them after use and reused them. they worked great for me.

never used a cup though.
I would love to try sponges. How absorbent are they? I hope it would be similar absorbency to a "regular absorbency" tampon. Tampons were great for me - except the chemicals, and the landfill/plumbing, and the idea of literally throwing $ away every month.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
abifae said:
when i was still having my period, i used the natural sponge tampons. you boiled them after use and reused them. they worked great for me.

never used a cup though.
I would love to try sponges. How absorbent are they? I hope it would be similar absorbency to a "regular absorbency" tampon. Tampons were great for me - except the chemicals, and the landfill/plumbing, and the idea of literally throwing $ away every month.
I would say the sponge holds slightly less than a reg. tampon, but you can't really tell for sure. I have never really kept track.
The sponges also have a limited life, also depends on how you handle/clean it. I think they say 3-6 months before you have to toss them out.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Alright ladies scootch over a minute!!

I just wanted to add something about my DW. My DW is from England and when she moved here already had a birth control device installed called a coil. It is becoming popular here in the states now, and she has been period/side effect free for the last ten years.

And there is a reason that I love it as well, anytime we wanna do the hanky panky, its on.... :clap We don't want any more kids and we can have fun and not worried about a thing. She needs not take a pill everyday and suffer side effects the comes with a monthly bill.

:hide

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:

I just wanted to add something about my DW. My DW is from England and when she moved here already had a birth control device installed called a coil. It is becoming popular here in the states now, and she has been period/side effect free for the last ten years.

And there is a reason that I love it as well, anytime we wanna do the hanky panky, its on.... :clap We don't want any more kids and we can have fun and not worried about a thing. She needs not take a pill everyday and suffer side effects the comes with a monthly bill.

Is that like an IUD? (an IUD wouldn't prevent a period, so I dunno)

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MP, isn't the coil a sterilization technique, or am I thinking of something else?
I'd be all over that like white on rice if I already had kids and was done.
Also, your use of "installed" is freaking hilarious, that is such a male thing to say :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
Also, your use of "installed" is freaking hilarious, that is such a male thing to say :lol:
:gig I'm thinking I might need to install some ice cream later tonight! :p

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:

Sorry, that is not healthy for a woman. Our bodies are meant to cycle with the moon, and when you mess with that, problems will arise down the road.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whelp, I got mine in today, and, I of course had to try it out. Andy was laughing at me, and looked very skeptical when he saw what it was. I cleaned it up and tried it on for size. I LOVE it! After one quick adjustment after "installation", it wasn't noticable. Now, for almost the first time in my life, I can say that I'm anxiously awaiting my visit from Aunt Flo, just so that I can try this thing out for real. Shame that I'm at the OTHER part of my cycle, lol.