So, tell me about the Diva cup.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what's going on. It seems like it's right, I don't feel anything wonky, but then two hours later I'll get a flood of blood. :rolleyes: I usually do wiggle it around a bit to make it comfy, but I don't think it's not opening. Usually, I'm trying to fit to keep it from opening before it's in.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what's going on. It seems like it's right, I don't feel anything wonky, but then two hours later I'll get a flood of blood. :rolleyes: I usually do wiggle it around a bit to make it comfy, but I don't think it's not opening. Usually, I'm trying to fit to keep it from opening before it's in.
Feel around it next time, I can almost promise its not popping open, its hard to feel the difference between one thats open and one thats flattened still. It needs air to pop open, and thats my problem. Even when I twist and turn it round and round, it won't open.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Feel around it next time, I can almost promise its not popping open, its hard to feel the difference between one thats open and one thats flattened still. It needs air to pop open, and thats my problem. Even when I twist and turn it round and round, it won't open.
Actually, is this thing supposed to look like it does on the outside when it's inside? If so, then, yes, it's not popping all the way open. When it does, it sometimes feels like someone blew a balloon up in there. I'm done now, so it's sanitized and put up for more adventures and blood stains next month. :rolleyes:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Wildsky said:
Actually, is this thing supposed to look like it does on the outside when it's inside? If so, then, yes, it's not popping all the way open. When it does, it sometimes feels like someone blew a balloon up in there. I'm done now, so it's sanitized and put up for more adventures and blood stains next month. :rolleyes:
Yep - thats the problem. Same story here, it just won't open properly sometimes, other times its fine.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This might be an awkward suggestion, but get used to getting the seal when you're not on your period. Pardon the language and imagery to follow, but I can't think of any other way to describe it: using it when you have a fair amount of discharge, but aren't on your period, let's you move it around and poke at it more than if you're dealing with blood, etc. The first many times it took me quite a while to get it open and seated- like 5 min type long time. You need to try this when you have time and no fear of someone walking in or anything. It gets easier as you get used to it. It works great for me now, i just have to check a few times per day to make sure the stem is still lower down- if it's up too high it doesn't seal correctly. The stem is low enough that I can just feel something if I sit oddly or move in a strange way. Some women cut off the stem for this reason. I think putting it too high is one of the biggest problems people have.

My two cents, hope it helps someone. You have to be really, really comfortable with your body to use this. Lots of poking and prodding and running fingers around to check the fit until you learn how to use it.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
This might be an awkward suggestion, but get used to getting the seal when you're not on your period. Pardon the language and imagery to follow, but I can't think of any other way to describe it: using it when you have a fair amount of discharge, but aren't on your period, let's you move it around and poke at it more than if you're dealing with blood, etc. The first many times it took me quite a while to get it open and seated- like 5 min type long time. You need to try this when you have time and no fear of someone walking in or anything. It gets easier as you get used to it. It works great for me now, i just have to check a few times per day to make sure the stem is still lower down- if it's up too high it doesn't seal correctly. The stem is low enough that I can just feel something if I sit oddly or move in a strange way. Some women cut off the stem for this reason. I think putting it too high is one of the biggest problems people have.

My two cents, hope it helps someone. You have to be really, really comfortable with your body to use this. Lots of poking and prodding and running fingers around to check the fit until you learn how to use it.
Honestly, I'm quite comfortable with poking a proding around, I just think that a big weekend with a bunch of drunken idiots is NOT the time to figure a diva cup out at all. I'm a good bit comfortable with thinking that next go around, it'll all be much better. I honestly think that it'll work out in the end, otherwise, I wouldn't bother with it anymore.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As an update for this, my second go around, I misplaced it in my moving stuff, and only found it at the end. Third go around, I didn't have any issues, BUT I was very light and only lasted three days anyways. But, I think it's working anyways, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thank you for all the info ladies! :gig

I was thinking about SHTF hygiene and being peeved that we have a septic system - no tampons. Ewwww!

Plus I sold a bunch of stuff and have paypal $ to spare. I just bought one.

Wish me luck! Thank God I'm a SAHM/WAHM, so I can fix any bloody disasters with only humiliating myself!

:gig

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, it's no fun being surrounded by about a hundred corrections officers from the state prison when it malfunctions. :/ Fortunately nobody noticed, and I hurried to the truck and changed right there, lol. But, having a drunken idiot pounding on the bathroom door while you've got your fingers up there adjusting it is just something I'd rather not have happen again, lol.
A new developement though, I just got a nuvaring, so I may end up having to figure something else out if Aunt Flo doesn't go away before it's time to put a new one in. :/ I don't think a diva cup would work with a nuvaring in. :/

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Lol. Yeah, it's no fun being surrounded by about a hundred corrections officers from the state prison when it malfunctions. :/ Fortunately nobody noticed, and I hurried to the truck and changed right there, lol. But, having a drunken idiot pounding on the bathroom door while you've got your fingers up there adjusting it is just something I'd rather not have happen again, lol.
:ep :th I would have shot someone :lol: