Someday Farm, yup someday it will all be just the way i want it..........

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad she's training you! Lol that's all that ever really happens isn't it?
Glad your freezer is filed. It is a sad day, if you weren't sad is be worried! That lamb summer sausage sounds awesome! Wish I could try it!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
went walkabout Saturday with dsx2. we were all anxious to get out of our various houses but no one wanted to work outside. just to cold. thought i would share a few of the pictures i took. there is a large wilderness area a few miles from here and there are always different birds and critters to see. the eagle had been fishing in the lake there and landed in a tree at waters edge. he let me walk up to the tree he was in. just cocked his head and watched me. i got several good shots of him. next came the hawk, he was beside the dirt road we were on and didn't want to share his lunch. he puffed up his feathers and dared me to get any closer. just thought the tree and vine were cool as was the stump/moss . last but not least the fern on the rock is down in old spring that comes off the side of the mountain and is rocked in. it was so delicate growing there. hope you enjoy them. i enjoyed taking them

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 427

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like the stump w/the moss. Looks like something you'd expect to find in a fairy tale.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry about the cold, hope it warms up soon! Those are beautiful shot! Love how the hawk looks all mean and angry to the side but then looks all cute and adorable from the front <3

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yippie skippie!!! new metal post set in concrete, check. new satellite dish set up, check. new cable buried from the post to the house and placed in conduit so sil can't kill them with a weed eater or lawn mower, check. Back on the internet, life is good...
so much has happened since the net died, or was killed as it were. lady that ds#3 works wanted to get rid of her rabbits and i had been wanting bunnies so 2 does and a buck came home with me and 2 does and a buck went home with ds#5. they came complete with hutches, feeders and water bottles as well as food and hay. when they were all caught and put together i guess bunny things happened because 30 days to the day after i brought them home i had 14 more bunnies. no one had warned me how really cute baby bunnies can be and no one warned me that after a day or two they start popping like popcorn in the nest. so stinking cute. I'm thinking that its going to be hard to bonk 'em on the head when the time comes.... hope i can do it or I'm going to end up with about a million bunnies.
the goats started kidding and now i have the 4 milking does and 6 bouncing babies, have one last doe due in two weeks then i'll be done birthing for this year. so cute. honestly can you think of anything cuter than baby goats and lambs bouncing stiff legged across the pasture.
the last ewe presented me with a single ewe lamb who was as big at birth as the first set of twins were at two weeks. they are all growing like weeds. i will get some more pictures in the next day or so.
and its garden planting time, yea!!! we are having our Easter winter now and are due a blackberry winter cool spell in a couple of weeks but the game is on already. even with all the pollen and allergies i love spring! hope youall had a blessed Easter. i thank God for the sacrifice of his Son so that our sins are forgiven.
catch up with youall in a day or two.