Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning I got MY fresh milk from Brat, one of my goats. :love 😁 I though she had pretty much dried up but, found her kid was still nursing -- once removed! So she's been getting daily grain and I'm gonna milk her 3-4 months. Just bred her maybe a week ago. It's just as sweet as ever. Two more I'm gonna have to do the same with.

Better call the goat soap gal -- so she can buy some! Need to find her number.

Would have gone to work by now but, up at 4am, couldn't sleep and dark outside, couldn't get moving. So whole day is off kilter. :idunno Better move jobs to another day :lol::lol: can ya tell I'm not truly concerned? Days like this, well, you deal. Mood wise, I'm sunk for working a store. Farm is calling!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
What kinds of husbands do y’all have? I can only compare them to my father but it just doesn’t seem right…
Well, if this counts per the missus

- able to grow, cook, can, just about anything
- animal whisperer
- patient with those that deserve understanding, wrath for the idiots
- dedication to seeing a task through (stubbornness?)
- not a gearhead by any stretch, can do basics
- construction projects overengineered, but they last
- can get overwhelmed overthinking things
- willing to pay for quality

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So I’m missing having my own milk right now 🤣 darn lactose intolerant children! (A milk sheep is on the maybe list for the future though!)
You should try different milks with them.

Sometimes raw milk is ok since it comes with its own enzymes.

And goat milk is incredibly different from cow milk. Also, homegrown goat milk is vastly different from store bought goat milk. And of course sheep is different from goat. I really wanted a milk sheep (I prefer sheep cheese over goat cheese), but milk sheep are not easy to find.

Also.... one of my kids that I thought had issues with milk.... turns out he is celiac. We took gluten out of his diet, and after 2 months of healing time, he was able to gorge on all the milk he wanted.

And sorry if you have already heard all that and tried all that. I don't mean to push.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie - that’s beautiful! I really do love looking at it/ but I am a terrible cold weather wimp! We got down to 29 and while that might not be cold to some of you guys- it’s absolutely FRiGID to me!

y’all would laugh at the way I bundle up. This morning I had 4 layers on the top, two on the bottom and two on my head.

Attachments

• 9191C7B2-3B35-4191-9AB6-9BED893CF5BB.jpeg
    9191C7B2-3B35-4191-9AB6-9BED893CF5BB.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 197

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the water going for my morning cup... Earl Grey this morning, I think.

It snowed again last night, the paths are all full again. Evidence shows that at least ONE of the turkeys is smart enough to get under cover when it snows, lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since I have some much needed and appreciated time at home, I'm doing inside and outside things, as it hits my fancy. Yesterday I did several "10 min jobs" that you have annoying you -- will get to it later things -- several were done yesterday as I just took the time to stop & do them. I appreciated that this morning.

Have been sorting thru boxes....upon boxes....a few at a time. Right now I'm doing a LOT of laundry. A box full of great shirts and some long johns -- all in "like new" condition and waiting for me to re-discover them. Probably 10 yrs n there. :hide Fabrics were so much nicer then, plus the quality is better. Things held their color & shape, didn't sag & stretch out then -- unlike so much of the "buy, wear, discard" of today's market trends. I'm a little embarrassed to say there were over 30. Now I don't need to go shopping. LOL Five sets of long johns, too. Since I buy basic, all are still in style & color use. :D

Still looking for a grinder packed away. But, have found more canning jars, new lids, oil lamps, another clothes scrub board -- yep, I'm ok for a blackout. Who knows what else! :old

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's amazing. The five penned together are acting like old buddies at a bar. Of course, there's plenty of room, bedding, roost, feed & water -- NO HENS. :D

Tonight I have plans to grab 4 or 5 more from their roosting and add to these five. It's even peaceful out there. The hens are loving this new situation. I knew they would! I mean, roosters are horny. Bad boys. :old

It's already 60 out there & going up a few more degrees. Nice day for me to get back outside. Feed run, then a project. :D

Latest posts