Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Morning! Going to work on winter fencing today before the ground freezes, and get two more ewes moved in with the ram. I’m only breeding 3 ewes (of 5 that are old enough) this year, hay availability and pricing is terrible, and we’re in the middle of creating more pasture.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am so exhausted with the negativity. One of my Facebook friends posted this. If I had chicks, I would probably do this just for the giggles.

Screenshot_20200404-071809_Facebook.jpg

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do you play the piano?

I play any instrument I can get my hands on!
Right now I play a plug in keyboard :p but I will be playing the piano once it is here :D It was my sisters, but she lives over east now and mum needs the space, so I'll happily take it! I took the guitar last visit :p

cup of soup for tea tonight, with a movie. Just found a free Christian tv channel, so I'm set with my crochet for the night!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am done with the Dirty Birdies. No more Cornish Cross to feed, water, move their tractor daily, or butcher. I am through! :weee:weee:weee

We raised 73, sold 45 and stuffed the rest in the freezer, that we will split with our DD and family. I canned 21 quarts of chicken parts for the dogs. I had a bunch of breast bones (skinless boneless breast) that I was going to simmer for broth, but I already have 34 pints. So I sent DH to the Pig Palace and he tossed them over the fence. There were a lot of them. Pigs loves them some chicken!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So,..... I have to laugh. Communication between husband/wife, northerners vs southerners.

Wife is mixing the spices for the apple butter. Out of brown sugar, okay need to run to the store.

Me: do we need anything else
W: i need to order vanilla.
M: do I need to get more from the store?
W: I don't think so?
M: do you have enough for the recipe.
W: it needs a teaspoon
M: do you have enough?
W: it needs a teaspoon
M: do I need to pick some up at the store?
W: I will order some
M: do you have enough for the recipe
W: let me double check
M: *waited 5 munutes*.....and?
W: oh, we're good.

Forget pre wedding marriage counseling. A couple needs to try weekend cooking projects for compatibility. LOLOLOL