Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We need rain here really bad! The drought from last year is continuing.

i'm glad we picked up some rain at last yesterday, every little bit helps and more chances in the forecast for this week. :) i much prefer sky watering vs. having to do it by well water and hose, but in a pinch it will keep the plants alive and going. are you able to get things watered enough there when it is dry?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got more done on the garden yesterday and quit at 12:30 to go pick blackberries. We got sprinkled on enough to get pretty wet, but kept picking. Finally the bottom fell out and we were soaked. We went to the house. I went ahead and did evening chores early, then went in, took shower and put on clean clothes. We were starving by this time, so went to town to go eat.

This morning it is storming, still lounging around in PJ’s at 9:30. I’ll wait for it to slow down, then get outside and feed animals who surely think I have deserted them.

Going to rain all week, expecting 4-7” of rain. I’ll check rain gauge when I go out after while.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have had rain for 2 weeks... it helped the snow melt most of the way.... and today we have SUN!!! Hit 52-ish today!!!! :weee

Supposed to stay warm from now on.

We re-soaked the green house.... I will plant stuff in the maybe Wednesday.

I think the outside garden needs a few more days to warm up....

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last weekend, I spread 2# of white clover seed on grub infested areas of the lawn. Too large an area to spread hay on, so I just tossed the seed down, and hoped that the promise of rain would water it in. NOPE! This morning, we were greeted by gold finches flitting about, enjoying that $8.00/# gourmet seed. Next time I spread clover seed, I'll wait till the lawn needs to be mowed, then have hubby mow, w/o using the bagger, so he can blow grass seed over the newly seeded clover areas. I'm thankful that the clover seed that I spread last fall has made a good showing this spring. Might, could be, that those new plants will spread sufficiently that I won't have to "re-seed" again.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i'm glad we picked up some rain at last yesterday, every little bit helps and more chances in the forecast for this week. :) i much prefer sky watering vs. having to do it by well water and hose, but in a pinch it will keep the plants alive and going. are you able to get things watered enough there when it is dry?
Yes, we've been able to keep up with watering what is planted so far in the garden. On Saturday the radar showed a large amount of rain coming our way, but it ended up being just a few sprinkles :confused:.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got 3” of rain from 12:30 Pm Sunday to 1:30 PM Monday. The week before we got 3 1/2” of rain. Big storm coming tonight, lots of areas flooded south of us. We are high and dry, roads between us and town may go under water but usually drain off quickly.
I set out three 10 pound bags of chicken leg quarters and will can them today for the dogs. I need the freezer room. DH mixes it with the dry dog food and the dogs gobble it up. It will take all day, but I’ll have 21 quart jars done and more freezer room.
Y’all have a great day!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Raining a whole lot today. Chickens are mad. Wife is sad, dogs are in dispair. Any tips on how to cheer up a lovely lady?