Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got batch one done. Batch two lacks 20 minutes turning off canner to depressure and cool. Batch three is in jars ready to go in canner. Clouding up and getting dark, when I turn off canner, I’ll run outside and put ewe lambs back in their pasture, big ewes and ram in barn and LGDs back in pasture with the 2 ram lambs where they have access to shelter under the barn. Then back here to unload canner, reload and start process again. Also doing laundry, changed bed sheets and making Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Not a salad, it’s a dessert.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
2561167D-A6D3-403E-8EFA-A51629E810FE.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a good tip. We just lost our first baby. It was only the first attempt though. We can always try again, but I don't know how to help :(.
I’m so sorry. I carried my first baby to full term, she was born with no skull, no skin over her brain. She died 2 days later. It was pretty devastating. Best I can tell you is just be there for her. Be up beat and encouraging but respectful of her grief. Be positive and give her a little time, try again.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss... but for her even moreso because it was a physical part of her body.... I have no good suggestions for you but to not demean or marginalize her grief because what she is feeling is really real to her. Some people take it differently... and that is a real physical thing with her hormones also. Make sure the dr office is on the same page with you and does not shrug it off either. Let her cry, get angry, whatever and just be there.... also let her know that you are also hurt and that it is hard for you and that you need her support as well as wanting to give her yours.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss... but for her even moreso because it was a physical part of her body.... I have no good suggestions for you but to not demean or marginalize her grief because what she is feeling is really real to her. Some people take it differently... and that is a real physical thing with her hormones also. Make sure the dr office is on the same page with you and does not shrug it off either. Let her cry, get angry, whatever and just be there.... also let her know that you are also hurt and that it is hard for you and that you need her support as well as wanting to give her yours.
Yeah. I just don't have time to grief right now, I need to take care of her. She is too ashamed to go to the doctor right now. Hormones are all over the place. Im sure the cramps don't make it any easier. I will grief later.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Best I can tell you is just be there for her. Be up beat and encouraging but respectful of her grief. Be positive and give her a little time, try again.
Honestly I have no idea if she will want to try again. It may be me next despite all of my fears. But if that is what she wants I won't question it.