Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we're having another warm day here and i hate to see the snow melting. :( i was hoping this was gonna stick.

otherwise it is going ok. i'll be making breakfast for supper in a little while. cooked up some yellow eye beans earlier as i wanted something simple on hand for this coming week.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're having a weird wind and rain storm tonight... curious to see in the morning what's flown across the yard.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH couldn't find the water buckets when he went out to do chores, lol. They flew off across the yard. The roof to the smokehouse is considering joining them I think... hope not!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had rain during the night -- with winds! Expected much earlier but, 4AM it woke me. Had stopped by 6:30 and not bad or much. Very warm, again. Of course, for 3rd year the plum tree is budding out too early. Guess no plums this year either. Phooey.

Put 2 egg eater suspect hens into a pen...had snatched them from a roost last night & into carrier cages until today. More eggs now!! Shame really as one is a very nice cooking hen but, she'll look fine with the dumplings.

It was 56 at get up today. Windy most of day but mid 60s. Nice day for outside work. Always something to do. I think the battery for my drill is dying. Shame but, costs as much for a new battery as a whole new drill.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hard to believe it's the last Sunday in January already.