Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did a bunch of little stuff before I got started on chickens. I got 9 in the freezer, 6 more to do tomorrow. Think I’ll run the pressure canner and can chicken backs for the dogs tomorrow and simmer the breast bones for broth. I got the plums cooked, still need to mash them through a strainer. Drinking chocolate milk before I go outside and do chores. It’s 4:40 here. Then what’s for supper, durned if I know.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just sat down. Got 8 chickens cut, vacuum sealed and in the freezer. Started the pressure canner first, 7 quarts of chicken backs, skin, wing tips, hearts, necks, even the tail bud minus the oil gland. Got all the chickens done and started the canner with 7 more quarts of chicken pieces. Dogs will have 14 more quarts of chicken to add to their kibble.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finishing my second cup of coffee, then I’ll get dressed and out the door to get chores done. Slaughtering the last 8 CCX today. Finally! It seems this will never end!

I’ll can for the dogs too, it takes a quart per day for the 5 of them. Not enough to actually feed them, just enough to spoil them and they clean their feed pans.

Got lots of chicken feet to scald, peel and simmer too. Makes the best broth plus all that cartilage for the dogs.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you give the dogs the bones?
Not much, today they got chicken feet, washed and toenails cut off, for treats.

The only bones they get are the ones that go through pressure canning for 90 minutes. Those are pretty much mush.

They got beef bones after I made broth a couple of weeks ago.

I have random hog jaws laying about from the dogs gnawing on them. LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, going for my second cup. I got lots to do today. I processed 4 chickens yesterday, will get chores done, then process the other 4. Got lots of chicken parts to can for the dogs.

Latest posts