SS Garden thread 2010, post your pics here!!

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great tractor! It's just amazing how the older they are, the longer they last. Is yours hard to drive?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nothing of the garden yet. I will get some tomorrow. But I did snap a couple of my peach tree in bloom the other day. It will have fruit by June.

333_img_0830.jpg

I put my order to Baker Creek seeds in the mail a couple days ago. I don't have any berries here but I found some interesting ones in the catalogue. One is a Huckleberry and the other a Ground Cherry. Not sure if they will grow but I thought I would give them a try.

gina

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No photos of mine yet, but I'll post some tomorrow evening.

I'm currently in the process of building raised beds and dressing my existing ones with the awesomeness of goat house manure lol.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just posted these on my journal too.
Current pics of my garden, Jan/Feb 2010:

These are our winter crops that we don't bother planting during the summer.
garden-1.jpg

2 new plums
P1000314.jpg

Valencia orange
P1000315.jpg

first peach blossom!
P1000313.jpg

5 new boysenberry plants obviously not quite planted in the pic -you can see the largest peach at the corner of the house and my pretty hens.
P1000184.jpg

Persimmon, nearest, and pomegranate. We had to remove some concrete and the pile of broken pieces hasn't mysteriously disappeared yet. I'll train these into hedgerow shapes as this is on a side section of yard.
P1000311.jpg

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the BF to help me figure out WHERE I'm allowed to put the darned garden. I'm going to give him until after the cruise. If he doesn't have anywhere designated, I'm going to dig in a few places that suit my fancy and put several smaller gardens in!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
239_100_7558.jpg

That's one of our most recent pictures, taken after one of the big storms last month.

Most of the field has been weed whacked by now and we only have a small stand of corn stalks barely standing still.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tamlynn, love the orange tree! well, also envy :)
Veggies look beautiful & so tidy!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The orange tree does look awesome. I have to settle for rhubarb and strawberries for my vitamin C fix....but it is hard to be upset about that. Ummmmmmm....strawberries! :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I can give you a mental picture of what my garden looks like:

Take a cake pan and fill it with dirt. Pour in 2" of water. Wait 2 days and layer 5" of snow. Mix in 1 day of sunshine and 2 days of clouds. Now add 1 more inch of water. Add 1 more day of sunshine. Mix with 2 days of snow showers.

Yep, mud. :tongue