SS projects, solar hot water design - Sunsaver's tech stuff

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
REX research is the best isnt it!!
it has given me alot of inspiration! i feel alot of the farming techniques in that will make me totally self sufficient!it is possible to be totally self sufficient with the right technology and NEVER have to genetically engineer a thing!. i love the weed zapper using the high voltage and the weeds become ground rods, and if you hit certain resonant frequencies you can selectivly hit the weeds over the other crops(each fried weed is instant fertilizer for the surround crops too! how awesome!!), also there are microwave cooking of bugs and insects off of plants, man its not organic but it would definatly be better than chemicals! the high voltage wires that can be strung over fields allows for the building of nitrogen through high voltage action increasing the nitrogen in the soil for poor crops, etc. man! i just am going to incorporate sooo much of the info into a future farm some day! strengthen our food system, protect it, and help keep my fellow americans healthy and safe.i want to be a good farmer and the rexresearch technology i feel can get me there. i wish i was rich, i would start tommorow, still got to work to get there, ill post it in the future! futuristic farming implements, people will think i have alien technology, when in fact, all of the technology is atleast 50 yrs old !!! lol..:cool:

i am always looking at teslas stuff as well, so many things to make life easier for farming and life in general, just imagine having the tractor run off wireless power, derived from the sun or earth batteries, then fed into the transmitter coil which resonates the tractors electric resonant coil and ac drive motor in the middle of a field!! man such a dream i want to try some day! i only got 20 ft with the basic technology i made, just imagine if i can improve this to 1000 ft,i know i can too lol. wirelessly grow and harvest a field of food with a wireless tractor, electric motors have huge torque compared to gas engines, and 95 plus efficientcy! :D . when i get the place and the time to create the technology, i will show you all, and hope improve everyones outcome, i really hope the economy doesnt crash yet....:p

do u guys got cameras? u guys should post the pictures or videos or something of the things u are doing. these days you can get them really cheap, even craigs ive seen good digital cameras for like $50 or less. if it comes to it the dollar store has them for a dollar, everyones atleast got a dollar, hahaha! if u guys are self sufficient, maybe just sell some of your food at a farmers market, and get the camera for free if ur not having to work :)

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
See, this is what I mean about it takes a community to be SS! You guys have a handle on this mechanical stuff that I just am not good at! I will spin and knit sweaters and leave the electricity to y'all!

S

sunsaver

Division of talent, Valmom. My next door neighbor does all the cooking and wife repairs the car, mows the yard, etc. Thanks for all the links Icu4dzs. I like to download lots of patents, right now it's mostly Tesla patents, so i have interesting stuff to read when my wifi goes out (usually about midnight). GNT, i'm going to try to get a camera tonight, but it needs to be plug and play, theres no dvd drive for an installation cd on this netbook.
So i stayed up late last night trying different electrolytes. The goal is to have it be something cheap, that is readily available around the house. This is supposed to be a battery that anyone can make from scrap metal and common liquids, to power and LED light or small solid state radio. I intend to use it as a permanent back-up for my solar panels.
Saturated salt water gave 700 millivolts. Saturated water with epsom salts gave 900 millivolts. Distilled vinegar gave 1 volt; however, after an hour there was considerable signs of erosion on the negative electrode, with hydrogen gas bubbles visible. Such a battery would not last long, and even though it gives higher current, is not desirable for a permanent installation. In an emergency situation, muriatic acid would give plenty of power for a while, to power a small radio. Only people who have swimming pools would likely have it on hand though. I didn't try bleach because my friend who knows more about chemistry than i do, said it would have corrosive effects like the vinegar.

S

sunsaver

Here's my expandable solar rig:

3514_picanom-picture-02_2011-07-17.jpg

Here's a view inside the power shed showing the combiner, charge controllers, batteries and inverter:

3514_picanom-picture-01_2011-07-17.jpg

Here's a poor shot of my wood burning oven:

3514_picanom-picture-03_2011-07-17.jpg

I can't any wifi inside, so the web cam trick that i used won't work in there. It also doesnt reach the front garden and herb garden, the really pretty stuff. I'll bring the jelly jar battery outside tomorrow to photograph it. At least now i can start getting some pics ups.

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
very nice! always i just want to say, if u want to keep people knowing where you are, always know whats in the background of the photos.. sorry to keep the paranoia lol.... great pictures, beautiful solar! and oven, very nice! cooool!!!! gives me inspiration for sure!!!
thank you!

S

sunsaver

I have good reason to be paranoid, and just because i am, doesn't mean they're not out to get me! Lol! But i have been publicly critical of the energy industry, big oil, and other evils in the world, so yeah. Only my friends should be able to tell any location from these photos.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (S. Freud)

S

sunsaver

Here are some pics of the jelly jar battery under construction. First is a pair of electrodes mounted in a lid with electrical tape as the insulation and secured with silicone to make it water tight:
3514_snapshot.jpg

A .9 volt cell assembled:
3514_snapshot3.jpg

Jelly jars all glued to a piece of plywood with gorilla glue, electrodes in, ready to be wired up:
3514_jj_battery_ready_to_wire_up.jpg

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice work SS,
Now what's the voltage report?
How long will it sustain that same voltage? Is is "usable" power?
"Enquiring Minds want to know"

If you want to know, think "right too"
// -... - //

RPG KQC LBQ

S

sunsaver

The test version of this battery put out 3.5 volts but with very low current, enough to run a micro radio with ear buds. It was able to light an LED as bright as a flashlight, but as i said, it gets dim after a few hours, probably due to ionized water collecting around the cathode. But after the LED light is turned off, the voltage creeps back up. After a few minutes, the LED is bright again. I left it turned on for several days, and it was a constant brightness, dim, but good enough for a night light. This battery is twice as large, with 6 groups of 4 cells hooked in parallel, so the current should be higher. Because the rate of electrolysis is slow, this battery should last for years. And if i need to refuel it, it's just copper wire, nails, and epsom salts.
So it can be used for spot lighting, or reading a book, or a night lite, or emergency radio. I want to use it to power my LED spot lights that i installed last year. They are set to run on 45vac from the phone line, so i'll have to rewire them and also add wall switches. But for now i'm just going to mount it up on a shelf in my bathroom, so i can see where i'm aiming at 3:00 am

Latest posts