STARTING with ideas to raise money

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow! That is awesome....this forum has the absolute best people ever!

And you certainly deserve the support :clap

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I am just blown away....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
They don't make a big enough smiley to show how happy I am for you. It sure is nice that we have such wonderfull people on this forum. :weee :thumbsup :bun :love :ya

partyfowl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I have decided to call it "Homemaker Survivial Workshops". I have seven workshops planned, two hours each, over two weekends, each with a different focus: Introduction and rationale, dehydrating, canning, long term storage, gardening, seven ways to cook a meal without a stove or a microwave, general household tips and techniques, to include recipes. Printed material will be given at each workshop, and if one attends four or more, they receive the E-book, which will include all the printed material, and a lot more as well.

I would really appreciate suggestions, feedback, or contributions to the workshops, if anyone is so inclined. I can't include chickens, goats, sheep, etc., as the demographic is "small city", and we aren't really allowed to have those sorts of things.

I would HUGELY appreciate contributions about meal planning and recipes so I can make this real and relatable to the women who may attend.

Thanks AGAIN !!!

I am really encouraged today...feeling empowered, and it is because of one woman's generosity. Thank you.
I have seen workbooks kinda like this on Ebay. You could then include the info on chickens, goats ect. It doesnt have to be fancy, people just need the information. Self sufficiency is a big deal right now, and you could do great! If you did an e-book, you can even get shipping discounts by using media mail. Starting on the 30th, Ebay is offering free listing for auctions under a buck. Im a whiz at Ebay, I could help you set up if you need it.

Hope this helps.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! The first $650 went for the attic insulation, which has been awesome.

I now have an additional $714 toward the actual roofing materials. I will need a bare minimum of $2K more, without replacing the unstable patio cover. Habitat here doesn't have the resources for that. The inspector comes next week to tell us exactly what we will need to do, and THAT will be the point I find out how much more than the $3300 I already know about I will need. We get the final word on the sub roofing then.

I had one great bake sale, and a week of special orders that brought in a total of nearly $250.

I am going to have a city-wide bake sale on May 1, and a friend of mine who is an artist is going to auction off one of her works. We are both advertising in our own circles.

So, we shall see how it goes. I am making maybe 9 dozen cookies a day, something like that. So far I am most fond of the coffee brownie cookies. Found a recipe for brownie mix cookies, added 2T instant coffee powder and chocolate chips.

FarmerDenise said:
Ldychef2k, how is the fundraising going? I hope it is all coming together.