Sufficent Self Moderators

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Besides, why would a self-sufficient bunch like us need a moderator, isn't that against our principles?

HA HA HA HA HA
waste not want not, even time to moderate..LOL

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, no! Not Pat! <stomp> She is such a buzzkill!

Haha I am kidding. Love you, Pat! <runs away>

I haven't seen any instances where we needed moderators yet. It's so fun to play like grown-ups, isn't it? :)

How do you usually choose moderators, Nifty? I know that when I am running a forum, I always make my selections by good old fashioned nepotism.

I would LOVE to be a moderator, but I don't think I am qualified. 'Sides, mods can't get involved in any of the heated debates. It's very poor form for them to take sides.

:D :D :D

Cassandra

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Besides, why would a self-sufficient bunch like us need a moderator, isn't that against our principles?

HA HA HA HA HA
waste not want not, even time to moderate..LOL
:gig
you are on a roll arent you......:gig

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cassandra said:

Haha I am kidding. Love you, Pat! <runs away>

I haven't seen any instances where we needed moderators yet. It's so fun to play like grown-ups, isn't it? :)

How do you usually choose moderators, Nifty? I know that when I am running a forum, I always make my selections by good old fashioned nepotism.

I would LOVE to be a moderator, but I don't think I am qualified. 'Sides, mods can't get involved in any of the heated debates. It's very poor form for them to take sides.

:D :D :D

Cassandra
:lol:
and we all know that PAC has lots to say!!!! :gig

no offense PAC intended

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you are on a roll arent you......

********LOL-LOL
I am in a wierd mood today, don't feel like working, barely got laundry done, have to feed the animals and putting it off...LOL
just messing on the 'puter---such a waste yet NOT! :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
LOL Cassandra. If there were member titles here, now you'd have me whining about wanting a custom one (a la some BYC-ers) saying "Such A Buzzkill" :D

Rob, seems to me that we're still getting along pretty well without any mods, although of course things can happen privately (she said darkly, still pretty honked off over certain behind-the-scenes behavior) and maybe there IS some need I'm not aware of. I am sure the day will come when mods are needed though.

I don't think it'll be easy to find someone here who is both calm-and-fair AND willing to sit out the more, ah, 'vigorous' discussions... :p

Pat

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
How about we take our cue from Congress- we won't call them Moderators- but...... let's see.......... Social engineers?

Maybe we should have a standby moderator in case things take a sudden dip down to the level of many public forums- they don't have to do anything now just be ready in case the site is hijacked?

Jest a thot...........