Sufficent Self Moderators

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think that's a great idea too!!

And as far as "getting to know the ropes" Nifty, why don't you ask us which of us have had experience moderating forums before? You might find someone who knows how to move the posts, etc. already and you won't have a whole lot of trouble training them :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
There ya go!! reinbeau for mod!! er, forum maintenance!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
With the exception of the inability to merge threads, this software is basically the same to moderate as any other. I moderate a Simple Machines forum, a V-Bulletin forum and am an admistrator on an IP.Board based forum. They're all pretty much the same, only different ;)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I don't think we need a moderator at this point in time. We are pretty civil towards each other and the very few times things started to get heated they were quickly resolved. The forum is still small enough that threads needing to be moved is not a big issue.

I think as the forum grows there will be a need for moderators though. Now might be a good time to start looking at potential candidates.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Well Ann, looks like you got drafted by the members into being a moderator, so... um... congrats I think!?

:D

Ann has been really helpful over at TEG and does know the ropes. Let's have her help out over here and we'll see how it goes.

Again, at this point it is more for help with admin stuff than breaking up brawls... so let's keep it that way! :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Drafted - I thought there was no longer a draft? ;)

No, it's an all volunteer army, isn't it? I'm happy to do it, and, as Nifty said, since we're all behaving so nicely all it will be is spam removal, name changes and keeping threads in the right place, right? :)