Sufficient Self Journal Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the way some of those folks are over there id say it would be a disaster if you do it, we pretty much all get along here and look what started happening.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
To be honest, I am trying NOT to post in my journal everyday, because I want to be sure I am being active in other parts of the forum with other members. I want to learn and share with everyone here!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have no idea how it would work on BYC.
from what little I have seen on of the site, it might be a train wreck...lol...it didn't take me long to realize the volume of traffic was too much for me to chat and make some real cyber friends.

But I love the journal section here being smaller it seems to work fine.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love the journal section here myself. But am not sure how long it would last on BYC before someone jumped in to make me avoid my own journal.
No everyone likes them...and now that the new has worn off plus those of us who are doing the journals go so caught up we kind of forgot everything else for a few days. Everyone seems to be back on track now. But BYC is so big....I think there would have to be major rules about other people posting on someones journal.
My understanding is the journals are for our daily thoughts and what we are doing. Here it is a very nice social place for those of us that wish to participate. I love getting to know everyone in depth. I think it feels a social need for some of us. Myself and others whose social outlets are limited. Everyone here is adult enough to just move on if we don't like what is being said I think. Not sure about BYC. I think the mods would be overwhelmed.
JMHO

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
The membership here is small and the journals work (kind of) because we are fewer. I think there are way too many people on BYC for journals to work. BYC My Page might be the way to keep it for journals.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, I am new on this site. I dont know how I overlooked it? It seems like a great place!
I am a member of the sister sites also, and so far here I have really enjoyed reading the journals and seeing some familiar names on Sufficientself.com. There are so many great ideas and everyone seems so supportive. I think part of what makes Sufficientself.com so great is that it is a smaller online community. I think the journals and the information they contain would be less realistic in a forum with such a huge population as BYC.

The member numbers on BYC have gotten so high that you almost have to read by subject interest alone to keep up, by the hour....it goes so fast now! I dont know how admin/moderation keep up? Amazing.

Nice to meet you,
Tina/tfpets

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
tfpets said:
Hi, I am new on this site. I dont know how I overlooked it? It seems like a great place!
I am a member of the sister sites also, and so far here I have really enjoyed reading the journals and seeing some familiar names on Sufficientself.com. There are so many great ideas and everyone seems so supportive. I think part of what makes Sufficientself.com so great is that it is a smaller online community. I think the journals and the information they contain would be less realistic in a forum with such a huge population as BYC.

The member numbers on BYC have gotten so high that you almost have to read by subject interest alone to keep up, by the hour....it goes so fast now! I dont know how admin/moderation keep up? Amazing.

Nice to meet you,
Tina/tfpets
Welcome Tina!

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nifty said:
I'm starting to like this idea! I wanted to have an introductions section on BYC, but didn't know how to keep it different from the other areas. Having it be introductions / journals really seems like a good / fun idea.

Here is a MONSTER list of potential questions.

01. Name?
02. Gender?
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland?
04. What is your favorite color?
05. What is your favorite kind of gum?
06. How much do you weigh?
07. How tall are you?
08. Can you swim?
09. Do you like to swim?
10. Living arrangement?
11. What's on your mouse pad?
12. Favorite board game?
13. Favorite magazine?
14. Favorite Actor?
15. Favorite Actress?
16. Do you have an accent?
17. Favorite smells?
18. Least favorite smells?
19. Favorite sound?
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans?
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
22. Pencil or pen?
23. Who's better - boys or girls?
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle?
25. Do you sing in the shower?
26. Who's the best looking Disney character?
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
28. How many rings before you answer the phone?
29. How do you want to die?
30. Have you ever called a 900 number?
31. Gold or silver?
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping?
33. Do you like dressing up?
34. Would you rather be short or tall?
35. Do you enjoy reading?
36. What book are you reading now?
37. Favorite books?
38. What was the last movie you saw?
39. Favorite movies?
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
41. What is your sign?
42. What are your personality traits?
43. What's your biggest fear?
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?
45. Future child's name?
46. Favorite foods?
47. Chocolate or vanilla?
48. Do you like to drive fast?
49. Storms - cool or scary?
50. Do you like to dance?
51. Do you do drugs?
52. Do you smoke?
53. What do you think of people who smoke?
5'4", which is entirely too short by my tastes.
54. Do you drink?
55. Favorite drink?
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other?
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?
59. What's your "type"?
60. Do you bite your nails?
61. Any siblings?
62. What movies have you cried in?
63. Do you believe in God?
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl?
65. Have you ever stolen anything?
66. Do you procrastinate?
67. Do you believe in fate?
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character?
69. Do you organize your CD's?
70. What is your favorite kind of music?
71. What are your favorite bands/artists?
72. What was the last CD you got?
73. MTV or VH1?
74. Who do you admire the most?
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends?
76. Are you single?
77. Favorite TV show?
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads?
79. Glasses or contacts?
80. What color are your eyes?
81. What is your natural hair color?
82. But what color is it now?
83. Have you ever been in love?
84. Any pets?
85. Good, decent, or poor grades?
86. Is the glass half empty or half full?
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys?
88. What's under your bed?
89. What is your favorite number?
90. Favorite sport to watch?
On this template please check the spot between 53 and 54 it could use some editing out. Thanks

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In the spirit of maintaining peace and tranquility among friends I have found the prinicples of the "usual Masonic Restrictions"when Lodge is open to work quite well. These are three and they are very simple.

While in the lodge no one discusses Politics, Religion or Women (All Masons are men). As a result of these three restrictions, I have never seen any rancor, discord or malignant behavior among any of those men.

It occurs to me that since most of the members here appear to be women, that prinicple is directed at avoiding discussion on things that are best left to the "home" and not brought to the forum.

I also find it quite refreshing that the ladies here and men for that matter refer to their spouse, boyfriend or whatever as "dear..." in most cases. I am sure the "d" may represent an occasional disagreement but as a rule I think the folks here are MOST respectful of each other and their partners which makes this a very satisfying forum, quite unlike some I have attempted to enjoy unsucessfully.

If we keep those three issues out of the forum and put our energies into helping each other be more self sufficient, this forum will continue to please all who are here and all who join.

It is a pleasure to be here and I thank you all for a wonderful forum .
Best
Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.