Sufficient-Self Preparedness Library

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Britesea said:
ALL of the Foxfire Books (http://www.amazon.com/Foxfire-Book-Dressing-Building-Moonshining/dp/0385073534) I think there are 12 of them. Edited by Eliott Wigginton
Dawn's excitement over receiving her Foxfire books got me curious and I found a site where you can download volumes 1-3 for FREE! They appear to be photocopies but they are readable. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/foxfire-books-free-downloads/

ETA: You must have a Facebook or Scribd account to download. I recommend the Scribd account. Lots of great reading material!

StarWish624

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
During the Y2K scare, I ordered a set of 4 DVD's on survival. It has been very useful, for educating myself. Perhaps such/similar DVD's are stored in a warehouse, somewhere. It wouldn't hurt to do a search. If they are available, the price may be low.

tc556guy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Icu4dzs, do you plan to compile these suggested books into a concise catalog? It would be nice if we could have a PDF file ready for folks to download from the boards here. A categorized list would be a great tool.
I know that yours is an older post, and I don't know what the group did with this idea, but I have an organized compilation running 120 gigs of data that I share with other preppers via a high capacity thumbdrive that I send around on request. All I would need is a snail mail address and an assurance that the thumbdrive would be returned in a timely manner.
If anyone is still interested in a compilation of information, let me know
If the group has in fact created its own library of information I would be interested in receiving a copy so that I could add information to my own collection

tc556guy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wow. We don't have enough room on the computer for that much data
Memory is pretty cheap, and getting cheaper. Good to back up any information on your hard drive from time to time.
Beyond that, maybe picking and choosing information from the categories you want while disregarding other stuff you don't want might work for some people with limited storage capacity.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know that yours is an older post, and I don't know what the group did with this idea, but I have an organized compilation running 120 gigs of data that I share with other preppers via a high capacity thumbdrive that I send around on request. All I would need is a snail mail address and an assurance that the thumbdrive would be returned in a timely manner.
If anyone is still interested in a compilation of information, let me know
If the group has in fact created its own library of information I would be interested in receiving a copy so that I could add information to my own collection
OK so I've been away for quite some time, but I found this in my SPAM folder and thought it was important.
Boogity, I REALLY like the idea. I can be reached at icu4dzs AT gmail dot com
I would be VERY interested in sharing things like this with you and whoever.
A lot has changed in my life lately and that is why I have been so quiet...WHY you may ask?
1. I am working only one day a week, and plan to retire on 31 DEC.
2. Woodswitch suddenly left and no one has seen her in almost a week. She has mental illness and it is overwhelming her right now. Her entire family was angry with her and wouldn't let her stay with them because of her behavior but none of them understood that her behavior was a symptom of HER disease like shortness of breath is a symptom of heart disease. She was VERY SYMPTOMATIC and in a mania phase to make things worse. Now that I have explained this to all of them they are much more sympathetic toward her situation and much more willing to help her.
We are doing everything we can to find her and get her to safety.
There is more but those are the hightlights.
"More to come, details at 10 PM"
Trim sends
//BT//

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, yesterday she called me. She found out that I put money into her bank account and bought herself a TracFone so she could communicate. She still can't use the Internet but at least she decided to communicate with me.
Yesterday was full of turmoil and difficulty. Her family tried to help her. They gave her some cash, but she is very compulsive with her spending so I don't know how long that is going to last. They really trying to communicate with her But she just didn't seem to want help so of course that made them angry again.

She seemed to prefer stirring up more more turmoil as she became more and more symptomatic. She called me with her TracFone, she talked to me for two hours the first time, saying all of the most horrible things she could think of in order to be as unkind to me as possible. I suppose that was to punish me for something that I must've done but for which I am completely unaware. She got into all kinds of difficulties with her children and family later and then talked to me for two hours from 0200-0400 last night, again saying as many horrible things to me as she could however this time she was actually able to cry and I was under the impression that this crying was extremely therapeutic for her.

She called me again this morning in a much more rational manner and a much more rational tone of voice. It seems as though whatever she was yelling about last night appears to have gotten somewhat better.

This is consuming a tremendous amount of my time. Fortunately now that I'm only working one day a week, I really have the time to deal with it however all I am getting done on the farm is the necessary chores to take care of the animals. I'm not able to get anything else done, primarily I think because I am so washed out of energy.

"More as it happens, details at 10 PM"
Best to all,
Trim sends