Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Never known anyone? Or just never believed any of them?
No, when I say I've never known anyone, I pretty much say I've never known anyone....not in my nature to lie about something when the truth is readily available. If I just didn't believe anyone who I've known that expressed such experiences, I'd have said, "I never believed someone who told me about such an experience."

Why in the world would I lie about that? :idunno

I'm not judging anyone...if they say they've had such an experience, then they obviously had it. I just said I never had met anyone who had and found it odd, since so many of you had. Finding something odd or strange is not quite the same as judging..it's just expressing the unusual aspect of it.

Maybe I'm not communicating properly if everything I say seems to come out a lie or a judgement.... :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
No, when I say I've never known anyone, I pretty much say I've never known anyone....not in my nature to lie about something when the truth is readily available. If I just didn't believe anyone who I've known that expressed such experiences, I'd have said, "I never believed someone who told me about such an experience."

I'm not judging anyone...if they say they've had such an experience, then they obviously had it. I just said I never had met anyone who had and found it odd, since so many of you had. Finding something odd or strange is not quite the same as judging..it's just expressing the unusual aspect of it.

Maybe I'm not communicating properly if everything I say seems to come out a lie or a judgement.... :hu
sheesh Bee I was ASKING! See those question marks up there in your quotes? ;) It did seem to come out as a judgement. That's why I asked. :hu I just wanted to know how you meant it, and exactly what you meant. I have seriously never met anyone who has never met anyone with those kinds of experiences either. Alot of folks ARE judgemental in these types of discussions.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Beekissed said:

sheesh Bee I was ASKING! See those question marks up there in your quotes? ;) It did seem to come out as a judgement. That's why I asked. :hu I just wanted to know how you meant it, and exactly what you meant. I have seriously never met anyone who has never met anyone with those kinds of experiences either. Alot of folks ARE judgemental in these types of discussions.
Okay ladies, no scrapping on the Bible Study Group...I will go make a special thread for you guys to trash okay? LOL!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hush Morel :p :lol: No need for another thread...I think she just misunderstood what i was saying. There are a LOT of folks who think it's crazy talk :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Maybe because we just run in different crowds? I live in WV, where everything out there in the world arrives 10-30 years later. Even in my work, which involves talking and being with literally thousands of people, I don't believe I've ever met anyone who expressed communicating with spirits or seeing future events...I think I would have remembered that.

It must be strange to folks who live in the cities and urban areas and watch/discuss things like this on TV, but out here we pretty much never run into haunted houses, ghosts, evil spirits or fortune tellers. We live very average lives that are just a little more isolated from the whole worldly thing than most areas, I guess.

Harry Potter is just not an issue here because it is most definitely NOT anything that resembles reality to us. It is more along the lines of Cinderella, The Wizard of Oz, etc. Children's stories meant for pure entertainment purposes and not for influencing spiritual growth.

I guess I should be thankful that we live in an area that isn't so exposed to the occult practices as the more metropolitan areas.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I dunno...I live in the sticks...you have to actually TRAVEL to get to the backwoods around here and further to actual civilization :lol: We didn't have TV when I was a kid really. I don't count two channels..news and news and PBS and more news was all that was ever on :hu I have had those feelings of intuition for as long as I can remember. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY before I knew anything about any occult or any of that weirdness. We're about 15 years behind everywhere else too. So, I dunno why your experience has been so different. I don't think any locale has it any better or worse :hu I've lived both city and country in my adult years.

Harry Potter doesn't resemble any reality here either. Some of the things we discussed aren't generally openly discussed anyway. Maybe that's why? Sounds like your area is more sheltered, and if it doesn't come up in conversation nobody is any wiser :hu

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with what you are open to, and have your ears open for...just ask my husband, he never hears a thing...and I pick up on converstions going on three blocks away...LOL!
Actually my husband and SIL grew up in the same house and you'd never know it by the different stories they tell...she had experiences, she has talked about them breifly and he never had a clue until I brought it up...:lol:

We all have different walks, and God allows us to be exposed or protected according to his plan...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have a praise! Middle son got a great job offer, which he really, really, really needed because the place he is currently working is shutting down and 400 employees will be out of a job there. Praise God for answered prayers....and some that He chooses NOT to answer! :D :bow :bow :love

The employer is even willing to put him up in a really nice log cabin until he can earn enough to find a place nearby, he'll be making twice what he is currently making, will have an opportunity to work up to 100 hours a week(most of it is on call, spent in route, overnight in motels, etc.), can use company trucks for all work transportation. :ya :weee :celebrate

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Excellent news! Sending prayers for a successful transition for him :)