Suing McDonalds

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey MR!

do you remember when they said "keep it up and i'll GIVE you something to cry about!" ??? ah an oldie but a goodie.

i'll tell you my folks had us in line. i remember people used to come up to my parents and thank them that we were so well behaved. not like the brats you see running around and screaming in restaurants and such.

oh well..

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My arms don't quite reach to the back of my full-size van. But I pull over. ;)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I tasted Dial soap(used for a potty mouth) and the back of my mothers hand more times than I care to admit. :lol:
And ya know.......for a short woman, my mom had some looong arms and fast legs on her! :gig

schellie69

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My kids heard no a lot and now my grand daughters here no too. I can't believe what I see parents doing now days buying kids everything they want. Ugggg. of course the same people suing Mcdonalds are the ones that tell parents don't say no to your kids it limits them or it will hurt their growth. do not put limits on how you child express themselves. that is just the tip of what parents are told now days. I think the old ways need to make a come back.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Agreed.

If I told my kids no and they bugged me, there were SERIOUS consequences. Sometimes it was a smack on the butt. Sometimes it was no play time or extra chores. The point is if they know no means no at an early age, they tend not to drive you too nutty when they get older.

The kids who never got that lesson are the ones you see in court once they are teens.
exactly! and this is how things work here, too. Sometimes a smack on the butt. sometimes we take their favorite toy that they already have (the boys lost their legos a while ago) or we turn the day into an all day work day - they get the hint, and they quit asking for it.

And I have also point blank told my kids, "You don't get something just because you WANT it. Some things have to be earned."

And as for eating out - the answer is almost always, "No, we have a stove at home."

now, we do treat once in a while - but it's at our discretion, not the kids'.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
schellie69 said:
do not put limits on how you child express themselves.
What?! :gig

here's how my 6 yr old expressed himself when he didn't get his way- screaming and stomping and slamming doors.

I in turn, smack his butt.

Then his behavior repeats.

And I again smack his butt.

This repeats about 2 more times, and he finally realized I wasn't going to give him what he wanted, or let him win.

We rarely ever have tantrums out of him now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Anyone else ever experience the dreaded wooden spoon?

(My mom broke quite a few over my butt)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
No, my mom liked switches cut from cherry trees. :hide Stung like the dickens, left a 10 second welt, but you sure as heck didn't do whatever it was you'd done EVER again!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We didn't so much tell ours NO happy meal. We just explained the economics of it all.

We could go to McDonalds where every one got a hamburger or cheeseburger of their own, shared a large french fries and either drank a milk each OR (depending on the actual budget at the time) SHARED a large drink (free refills you know!) OR we could eat sandwiches at home. No toys, No frills just basic burger and fries.

It was a treat to eat out even without the fancy toys. By the time they were old enough to read they were figuring out how to get the best "bang for their buck" everywhere. Two of my kids are still very frugal. The other one ..... she is a story all her own.

Latest posts