Tamlynn's journal that needs an interesting name -I'm a gramma -pics!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The pear and blueberries arrived this week and we just got them into the ground. The kids helped as much as possible and it was cute to hear them daydreaming about the delicious fruit they were going to be able to pick someday. Ds has big plans for a bowl of blueberries with milk and cream and lots of sugar. :rolleyes:

The chickens decided my potato plants looked yummy and almost completely destroyed them. I guess I'll dig up what potatoes they managed to grow and replant.

Dh pruned the plums, peaches and apricot and didn't go overboard. Yay!

I think some of the oranges are ripe. I promised my parents to send them a box this year. Last year I was stingy, but this year there are more than we could possibly eat.

The boysenberries have put out a few berries. I think we'll leave the canes another year then start pruning them back.

Lemon in the front yard looks nearly dead. Not sure what it needs. :(

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Have picked almost 50 lbs of oranges and still plenty left. Sent boxes of oranges to my parents, fil, and a friend who just had surgery. Fun to have access to these to send to my loved ones stuck in the snow.

Today I harvested a nice bok choy, will cook it up tomorrow.

Planted onions for the first time- not sure if they will do well or not.

2 of my hens who had molted finally started laying again! Now Juliet can take a break if she needs to. She is one good layer.

Took a fun mini vacation with the kids up to the mountains and snow. Tons of fun, and only a few sledding bruises.

Bathroom remodel nearly done! Bathroom is functional again, just needs a few finishing touches like towel bars and window trim. Looks beautiful. Will get pics up tomorrow.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Mmmm fresh oranges! How old is your tree? Can't wait to see pictures of the remodel.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, that's an idea.

I had access to a tangelo in Fallbrook yesterday. I could have brought home a ton for you Dac.

g

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Before -when we first moved in:
Mbathbefore1.jpg

Mbathbefore2.jpg

Notice carpet on the floor and it's hard to see, but a nasty textured wallpaper.

Middle:
Mbathafter1.jpg

Mbathafter2.jpg

After:
180492_495286524901_783114901_6223448_5930332_n.jpg

168896_495289949901_783114901_6223517_4622366_n.jpg

179368_495285224901_783114901_6223423_5530201_n.jpg

It's not 100% done. Towel bars still need to go up (same ones as in middle pics) as well as door and window trim. But it is functional! Oh, and I still need a shower curtain. White liner is working for now.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Mmmm fresh oranges! How old is your tree? Can't wait to see pictures of the remodel.
I don't know how old it is. It is the only plant we left on the property after we moved in, the previous owners lived here since the 50's. We've been here 6 years and it was definitely mature when we moved in. It's a dwarf, about 6 ft.