Tamlynn's journal that needs an interesting name -I'm a gramma -pics!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunshines52-11.jpg

sunshines52-11a.jpg

This is one of my mom's does who had her babies recently. Count 'em, 5! That's 4 boys and 1 girl. Not bad for a little Nigerian Dwarf.

Out of 3 does my mom got 10 babies this year! 7 boys and 3 girls. :rolleyes:

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Holy Guacomoly!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well there with all them babies! How old are they?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The largest recorded Nigerian Dwarf birth is 6 I think....I read an article on it somewhere, and they all lived! She had help though, 4-H'ers split up the babies and bottle fed 4 of the six. She let 2 stay and nurse mom but had two other volunteers take 2 each. Crazy right?

Our breeder had a doe throw quads last year...they're tiny but they can crank out some babies! :lol:

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll have to ask her how many inches tall they are. They were born on the 10th or 11th, so less than a week old now, just a day or so old in the pic.

The really amazing thing is that a few days earlier, my mom's neighbor's pygmy/Nigerian cross also gave birth to 5!

Last year a different doe of my mom's had 4 and we were all shocked. My mom has friends that bottle raise babies for her, so she'll send 2 or 3 off to them.

Here are more pics, a little bigger, from her website:

http://www.shadowhills4.com/Kidding.html

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My word that's alot of kids for one doe! And they all lived! I knew it was possible, but it's still shocking and awesome when it happens.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Man why do I keep reading threads like this!!! Now I so want some baby goaties!!!! :gig Way too cute!!!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:
Man why do I keep reading threads like this!!! Now I so want some baby goaties!!!! :gig Way too cute!!!
Me too! I want baby goats! Ah well. Someday when DH retires so we're able to live outside SillyCon Valley.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
CrimsonRose said:
Me too! I want baby goats! Ah well. Someday when DH retires so we're able to live outside SillyCon Valley.
My hubby HATES goats and practically forbids them! So mean while I'm pestering him for a jersey cow... he still says no.... But it's not the "OH HECK NO" I get when I ask him about goats... :gig so here is hoping for someday! :fl If I could learn to use power tools to build me a barn then I would have goats already... But alas I can't pick up a drill without injuring myself... let alone a saw... So for now I'm at my hubby's mercy... :hit