TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Have fun with the shopping....and thanks for the reminder. We have our father daughter dance coming up and DD wants ruby slippers since it is a wizard of oz theme :/

I know about that internal clock, although I stayed in bed until almost 7! Hubby loves it when I sleep in because then I don't pass out on the sofa at 9:15.

Glad all is well with your son....better safe than sorry, especially this time of up year with so much stuff going around!

Enjoy your day...it is beautiful outside!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good morning Tanks! :frow

BTW come on over to OFG's! She's putting on a show, I have a big bowl of GF Puppy Chow :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tried to stay up late last night so I'd sleep in this morning. I STILL woke up at 5:00. At least, I was able to roll over, and go back to sleep until 7:00.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I was up at 5:15. I am working Sunday School and gotta be there by 8....and I needed my time for coffee and to chat here :)

Happy Sunday Gina! Aren't you up girl?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Now that the sun is up and I'm awake, I'm brewing coffee. For some reason I do NOT like coffee when I'm still really sleepy.

I'm starting the coconut cakes and bavarian cream. I'm experimenting today. I wonder what will happen!!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning Dace. No believe it or not I was not up. Yesterday dh got a wild hair and decided he wanted to go up to Fallbrook to his sisters ranch. They have quite a few horses there now. Some on feed lease, most their own.

The girls rode. My 5yo has only been on the pony a few times but is getting very comfortable in the saddle.

dh and I and ds10 had some target practice. I shot our guns for the first time. Not as scary as I thought. My dh was trying to dial in the sight on the rifle.

Then my sil had to run to our Great Aunts house. She is about 10 min as the crow flies but it took us about 30 to get there by car. I have know this elderly couple for about 20years. I have not seen them in a long while. The husband now has dementia and his wife is trying to do it all. They have lived on 24 acres of orchards for 23 years. Now they both are turning 87. It amazes me how well that little old gal is holding it all together.

Anyways so this morning I woke up beat and tired. I actually fell asleep on the sofa at about 8. Then slept until 6. All the up hill and walking around yesterday is more than I am used to. I should hope to be more like Great Auntie when I get old.

So yesterday nothing on my list other than dress shopping got done. I am backed up on everything else. Laundry, vacuuming and general hose stuff. Kitchen is still clean because we weren't here to use it. :woot

Well I'm off to catch up hre a bit. I hope you all have a great Sunday!!!

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Goooooooood Moooooooorning Monday!!!!!!!

Well I am up and moving. I didn't sleep that well because my shoulder is still killing me. I am not sure if I complained, I mean told you all but my shoulder has been acting up. Geesh I am getting old. I pulled it a couple weeks ago and with ice and stretching it felt better. But this week I managed to yank it again. I wore a sling yesterday just to take the weight off it. Who knows what today will bring.

Dh is having a going away party at work today. It is for the guy who originally hired him, then he took this guys position. It's all good this man was promoted as well, but he didn't like the job or the position so he is now leaving the company. Dh organized cake, salad and a man to have his wife make a bunch of home made tamales, rice and beans. I did the salad. I think the employees are surprised my dh even cared enough to put it together. But that's the way he rolls. :D

Crazy huh???

Not as crazy as this. Yesterday dh came home from the in laws. And for those of you who know my dh work history you might find this amusing as I did. I literally laughed for an hour!!! :gig FIL now needs help, he has managed to find two investors and has re opened a construction company under a different name. They are doing ok but not great. He is looking for a front man, one who knows the business, industry and customer. Guess who hes chasing??? He actually offered my dh the VP job. I can't freaking believe it. He threw out my husband after 18 years of working for him, cast him to the side, set himself up nice. It failed and now hes come back to my dh for help. It's freaking hilarious. :tongue

He actually told dh that he wants to run the company for 3 years then hes going to cut and run. Ha!! So he wants dh to come work for him so he can get his ass out of the hole he dug and then hes going to leave? :rant

OMG unfreakinbelievable is all I have to say. The worst part is I think DH is considering it. :he

On another note we got some rain last night. Whoot!!!! :ya

Yesterday I started seed pots in my laundry. I did 54 tomatoes, 24 types of bell peppers, 4 squash, 4 zucc, 4 cushaw and 4 butternut. some were from new seeds and some where heirlooms I saved. I have never planted saved seeds before. We will see what happens.

Kids are back to school today. Thank goodness. Maybe I will be able to dig my self out from under all this mess.

Have a great day!!

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good morning G

sorry about the shoulder. I have the knee. Pulled something in back of my knee and it just goes out and is painful. Then it heals a bit and boom, I pull it again LOL yea we are heading down getting older path inch by inch haha

cold here today. damp, dark, cloudy, windy, icky
nice sinus weather lol

off to get work done...lazy yesterday so pay for it today. Hope you have a great Monday! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.