TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:thumbsup

Conrgrats on the ice maker. We have a toy hauler with a 14 ft garage. We usually just sit it in the floor right next to the plug.

I usually keep an eye on it then just scoop it into a ziplock and move it to the freezer.

Did you buy one like mine??? It works prey good. Better than paying 5 bucks for ice.

;)

Well I picked up my Azure Standard order tonight. Hit a bit of traffic but all went well.

Phone typing bites!!!!

:barnie
G

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that garage must be nice, but it doubles as the kids room right?
I see the beds come down on conveyer off the ceiling most times.

Tony emailed me with a toyhauler he wants to buy....price was $60K on sale for $40K. I told him time is not right, close, but not just yet.

I am going to trade this camper 1 more time for the one that I hopefully will hang onto and I want that floorplan just perfect and a toyhauler definitely...which will become Nicole's room.

I am thinking on a stand alone table, farthest side of the awning so I can't hear it, but it is not loud, loud, just a tad annoying but I think it will get drowned out with campground activity ya know.

I like that icemaker, why did I wait so long to get it? :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just had an entire update typed and my darn computer shut down. :barnie I hate when that happens.

Now I am going to type it again in short form.

June 30.

Wow, that month flew by.

Computer fixed. New router in. All good.

Freedom Rangers due in today. Everything ready.

Garden good. Corn is knee high. :gig Lot's of green tomatoes. New squash and melon vines taking off in the heat. Turkeys ate the last ones. Ground cherries are almost ready. Well at least the first plants. The others I transplanted are all growing well. I should see fruit on them soon. I planted another round of beans, carrots and lettuces the other day.

Speaking of turkeys. My juveniles are huge. There is definitely one Tom that is standing out. The others will go to freezer camp just before the holidays.

I made a bunch of jam yesterday. Picked the only 20 apricots off my tree, free plums from a friend and some strawberries I bought. I now have 24 pints. Should be enough for the year. Maybe if I have some free fruit come in I will do more.

No sewing this month. I made a mess of my sewing room. Well actually for summer I rotate all my rooms. The dining table goes in the family room area. It is a west facing room so it gets really hot. Then the family room furniture goes in another area on the east side of the house, etc.. My dh hates it because we move the huge tv cabinet and the china hutch but it makes a big difference. Especially for me and the kids.

Anyways so all my sewing is in a huge pile and needs to be sorted and organized.

We are going to the fair this year. Not my idea of fun at all. I know it's going to cost a fortune. Especially if I go to the livestock auction. :hide

So I got a notice the other day that today my water would be shut off for the day. They are repairing the lines. So yesterday I planned to do all the wash clean up my canning mess and then get the garden and chickens set for the day. Well around 9am yesterday I lost all my water pressure. :barnie I got a bit peeved and drove down the hill to see what was up. They broke the 36 inch main while doing whatever it was they were doing. Not on their schedule of work, they were not happy either. So I ran to the grocery and I guess while I was gone they came and offered dh bottled water. He said we had plenty to drink but needed to tend the garden and animals before the scheduled turn off today. The man was very apologetic. I feel kinda bad for griping to them.

But the whole thing made me realize how ill prepared I am in the water category. I have water stored for us but what the heck would I do for the garden and animals??? I really need to get some gutters on this house and put in some tanks. I envy you folks with wells. Not having to rely on someone else for water is a big deal.

Ds made a comment and said something like "at least its not the electricity". I told him that would have been much easier to deal with.

I'm gonna have to do something about the water.

So much for a short update.:p

Oh Karen, by the way there are no beds in the back of our toy hauler. ou could have ordered it that way but my rhino is very tall and needed the headroom. My son sleeps in the queen loft that is over the garage area and the girls sleep on the fold out sofa. When Tony starts looking for a trailer he needs to check Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Mi, they sell on e bay way under retail. We picked ours up to save 3 grand but they deliver as well.

Well, not much else going on. Sticking close to home for the 4th. No big plans maybe a bbq. We can see our local fireworks from my porch. Such a treat.

Well I'm off.

Have a great day.

g

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't wait to see pics of the Freedom Rangers, hint, hint. ;)

We have a well and when we lose power our pump doesn't work so we lose water too. We have a 500 gallon water tank but it's empty. We need to get the gutters put on the house so we can fill it back up. I figure it would probably save us a little money to use the water tank to water the animals because we're not using power to operate the pump. So yes a water tank is very handy to have. :lol: and I can't wait to get ours filled again!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee There here, there here!!!! :ya

The regular mail man just brought them to my door. :ep I figured I would get a call and have to pick them up. He said they gave them to him to deliver, priority mail. He said he brought them right over because there was only so much peeping he could stand. he didn't want to drive around with them in his truck for 3 hours. :love What a nice mail man. :hugs

Here is the box they cam in.

IMAG0209.jpg

They are all happy and healthy so far. 51. One extra just in case.

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
cute! Glad he didn't keep them in the truck for 3 hours and what would he have done if you weren't home for some reason??? They do look chunkier than regular chicks. Looking forward to seeing how they do for you.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Golly they are cute! (for now) I'll be paying attention to how they grow out for you. I haven't decided on what to get for my next batch.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yay!!!! great work!

i always get a kick out of the mail people... "the peeeping! the peeeeeeeeeeeeeping! aaughghhghhghhgh!!!!"

hee hee hee i love the little peeping
;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
baby chick pics were cool
boy I seen many a chick over 15 years of farming :lol: :lol: but they are always cute to look out, but now the job is to keep them alive right? :D

hey icemaker worked great. it sure cranked out the cubes but it was so so so so hot at the beach we still bought some bags to keep those drinks cool.

of course now on the list is a small refrigerator to keep drinks cold. so will be shopping for that soon :p :p

thanks for that bit of info about the height of the toyhauler and what one is wanting to haul...thought about size, but not height LOL----I do think tho we will keep to a regular old golf cart cause I think I do want the queen bed for Nicole in the room. but many a floorplan will be checked before I buy ;) ;) heck looking at new campers is so much fun anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.