Television

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so true Inchy!!!!

all "things" in moderation

from books, to tv, to clubs, to cults, to lectures, to "whatever" to crazy friends with weird info..HA HA

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong -- I adore books. Some people are just more prone to being followers and are maleable by any kind of media.
Well said!!! :clap :clap

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We do not have cable TV so we got the converter box for our television. I could not see buying a new television when we do not really watch TV that much. Having said that, I will confess; one of the shows that I do like to watch is Harper's Island, which is a thriller/mystery type show that comes on every Saturday night (that is tonight).
:weee
Every week some one gets killed, and people are trying to figure out who the killer is based on the clues and who will die next. Of course, there is an online forum to discuss every aspect of the show. I am pretty sure that I have figured out who the killer is. (lol) Don't ask me why, but I am addicted to that show.
:idunno

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hiedi I think that show is about to come out over here, it looks scary from the adds.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
Hiedi I think that show is about to come out over here, it looks scary from the adds.
The show has a suspenseful murder/mystery plot to it. I think there are only 13 episodes; and the last episode, all questions are supposedly answered. It does not have as much blood and gore in it like many modern horror films (which I do not like watching), although I think it does somewhat push the limits for a TV viewing audience. The writers of the show obviously try to keep the audience guessing about who the killer is and who will die next. Last night's episode really had an unexpected twist to it.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh geez, when we can't do anything outside there is nothing else to do here so we watch TV all the time. We have Pay-per-view because we don't have a movie store locally and its too much gas to go to Belleville to go to Blockbuster.

We usually watch House, Heroes, Being Erica, and Heartland..

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
What television? As expected we have nothing since the conversion. Upgraded the antenna, too. The box is absolutely worthless. I seriously wonder if anyone in rural areas with hills and trees are receiving with those boxes.
That digital conversion was such a great idea :rolleyes:
Well, we won't be buying anything we can't see from advertisers.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sylvie said:
What television? As expected we have nothing since the conversion. Upgraded the antenna, too. The box is absolutely worthless. I seriously wonder if anyone in rural areas with hills and trees are receiving with those boxes.
We have a TV antenna as well as satellite...the antenna doesn't work period.... though to be fair I think it needs a new motor LOL.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sylvie said:
Me thinks that the digital conversion box was made to sell!!!!

I have two channels that come and go about half of the time, and I used to get them without any problem before the conversion! :he

I was in a store today and on the shelf was a conversion box for $19.95. When I got my box, I sent off to get a coupon so I would only have to pay the half price of $20. Now, after it is all said and done, you can go to the store and buy the box outright for the some money. What's the deal with that? Seem fishy to me!

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
We have a TV, but we don't watch TV on it. We used to be so addicted to the stupid thing. 2004, 3 hurricanes, 3 different times in about 2 months that we went days without electricity. We realized how addicted we were. Our kids were going nuts. They did not even seem to know what to do or how to go to bed without their shows.

So, we ditched cable, we have a converter box. We don't really turn the TV on in the summer, except the occasional video or DVD we might. We do watch Little House on DVD, Andy Griffith and a few others on DVD or VHS. We mostly watch those in the winter.