The Bread Thread!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sure do! I just throw them in the freezer until I get enough, put them on the counter in a bowl and let them thaw out. They they slither out of their skins like a tube of mush....perfect for making the bread.

They also make great dog treats in the summer months in that state...my dogs LOVE bananas and to get to chew on a frozen one on a hot day is just supreme.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Today is a rainy, sleeting, now snowy day....perfect for filling the house with warmth and the smell of baking bread. :drool

Every single time I make bread I get nostalgic and feel so very blessed to be able to do it. It soothes me and gives me peace to rock into that rhythm of kneading that so many people have done since the beginning of time.

Also going to make banana nut bread. Got enough old nanners in the freezer to make a double batch.

If someone is looking for good summer time dog treats, the frozen over the hill bananas are great for that too....dogs love them! Cold, tasty and good for them.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This recipe is so fail proof that even I can make banana nut bread that comes out perfect every single time. I used to struggle with getting it too gooey in the middle or, if just right in the middle, dry on the corners and ends.

Not only does it come out perfect every time but it looks gorgeous too. Makes me look like a pro but it's all the recipe and nothing I'm doing that makes it happen.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You made me want banana bread but I don't have any bananas.

But I DO have zucchini. It's shredded, frozen, and already measured in bags for making bread.

Guess I know what I'm doing

Haven't had zucchini bread in years! Probably back in the 80s since I've had any. Mom always made good zuke bread.

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mom used to do sourdough all the time and I started some once but never followed through on it, but I've always heard it's much, much better for you than regular breads. I love the flavor of it!

My Dad had a sourdough starter he kept going for years, and Sundays when he fixed his sourdough biscuits, served with butter and homemade jam, were a special treat.