The Diary Of Hardly

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Uh oh, it looks like the Tallman stepped away from his computer long enough for Hardly to get into some mischief.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Diary of Hardly

Date: Cud be, who can no.

Deer Mr. Diary

Since Hilda Lou kant make it home 4 the big Valintimes Dance coz uv the weather an all, I thaught that I wood rite up one uv them acronims 4 her. Using the letters uv her name, I half come up with the this.

H is 4 the Happiness U bring me,
I is 4 ur EYEZ shining so true,
L means I Like to be with thee,
D is 4 the Dates I had with U.
A means ur the Apple uv my own eyez U see,
L stands 4 the Little things you do,
O means ur the only One I want 2 be with me,
and
U means I think U like me 2.

Put em all together they spell Hilda Lou,
An thats the end uv the acronim 2.

It's a goin in the mail 2 her for Valintimes if I can get to town in all uv this snow.

Hardly

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hardly, that is so sweet. I'm sure she'll love it.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hardly, you're a poet and don't know it
But your socks show it,
They're Longfellows. :lol:

Really sweet poem, Hardly. I think it will let Hilda Lou know just how you feel about her. Are you sending a box of chocolates along with that Valentine?

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beautiful poem, Hardly! Along with that box of chocolates, send some flowers, too. If you send ones that are already dried, you won't have to worry about them wilting :)

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Diary of Hardly

Date: Yep, but its a sort uv sad one.

Deer Mr. Diary

Hellow Mr. Diary. I ben gone a spell. It seems that everbody waz low on fire wood after the hard winter that we jist had, and I ben extre buzy cuttin and hallin. I got cot up in time to spend an evening with Hilda Lou win she waz home from spring brake.

I drove the old pickup over to her daddies place, an we jist wint 4 a long walk. We talked bout growin up as kids, school at Ambel Crick, eatin together at pie suppers, an such things as that. We had us a goodly laff win she mentioned my memorized poem, an as I resattated it again 4 her, we had another laff. Then we talked bout her going away 2 school, an win I wint up to see her, an last Christmas win she was home an all. I tolt her that I noticed that she waz still a wearin the ring I made 4 her, and it really made me feel extra good win she said that it waz one uv her most treasured possations. It waz then that we noticed the biggest moon that we had ever saw come up over east in the gap between Solomons hill an Goosberry ridge. Big, and red, and silent it waz, an as it caused the shadows to race across the earth all round us, I looked at Hilda Lou and she looked at me, and we kissed in a most admirable way. We jist sort of stood there arm in arm, each thinking our own thoughts in silance until Hilda Lou spoke. Hardly, I will graduate this spring, and I have been offered a job right there in the city where the college is. I started working at this huge home improvement store on Saturdays, and when they found out that I was about to graduate, they offered me a position in their office. Since I like the city, and like the people at the store, I have decided to take the job.

I had always thaut that Hilda Lou wood graduate and come back here an take over her daddies store. It waz then that I figgered that I wood officially declair 4 her, but now at a moments notice everything had changed. We talked summore as we walked back to her daddies house, and once we got there I bid her good nite, knowing all uv the time it waz a sort uv goodbuy.

It waz a lonely trip home, an I had a lonesomeness in my hart that I had never nown be4. I had constomized in my mind bout telling Hilda Lou how I planned to declair 4 her, but I didnt want to coz any strifflyness between us. I want her 2 be happy most uv all, an I new in my mind that she had already sorted the whole thing out.

Mr. Diary, I jist think that the One Who created that huge moon, an everything else along with, it has sum sort uv plan 4 each one uv us, an with that in mind Ill get up tomorrow mornin a lookin forward to watt the future holds.

Hardly