The Iceman Cometh

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
xpc said:
murphysranch said:
Shall I continue to rub it in that yesterday I was in jeans and a teeshirt and planted 116 iris nubs?
Most people live and die within fifty miles of where they were born. Family ties and such keep them from moving too far away, I waited until my boy was 18 before moving 500 miles from all my peoples.

I lived a few years in different states but always moved back north for safety and seclusion. I had to get out of San Diego because of the heat and holier than thou attitudes the long haired hippy freaks had - I had to move or end up in jail for murder. Florida was even worst for the heat and the lackadaisical shuffling was maddening. I only lasted 5 years there then back north,

So there are reasons why people chose to live where they are, when others make fun of northerners on the temperatures I just say with those addled eggs come scrambled brains. Most hot climate countries are considered third world and need the support of the cool weather areas to support them.
????
:rolleyes:
:smack
:hu

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Don't worry BB, you aren't a freak. :D

Xpc, I know what you mean. I was just playing around...I hope you didn't think I was trying to rub anything in.

I lived a looong time in S. TX. The heat is what drove me far away. I never acclimated. I thought I'd go back to WI, but it is too cold for me, being an out-doorsy type.

Here it is just right for me. (I don't mind the fog btw, some do, but I don't) Folks aren't snooty, they are pretty down to earth and polite. Heck, you should see these people at a 4 way stop..."No, you go first. :) " "No, you were here first, you go. :) " Almost drove this hot blooded, impatient Texan insane when I first got here. Now I fit in better, I slowed my pace down.

Hope your ice storm doesn't hit too badly.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I understand as well. I grew up in a few different places, none of which was desert and sometimes I have a really hard time living here in Southern Arizona. I miss RAIN. This year has been the 8th wettest January in recorded history - we got a whopping 2+ inches in Tucson, I think that's what the news said anyway. Mount Lemmon, which amounts to nothing but a really pretty hill compared to what I'm used to, got 8" of snow and I guess that's a big deal for here. I appreciate what little winter we do get.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Don't worry BB, you aren't a freak. big_smile
yeah! hee hee hee

but to xpc's point.. golly i hadnt realized how 'red' i got once away from the left coast hee hee hee

my pal just called from seattle and said it was 58* or something crazy like that. its up to 16* (no windchill). i just went out and did the rounds - everyone's water was already frozen. dang.

but the good news is that the ice storm is going to miss us - so at least there is that. we had a dilly of a time last year's ice storm. we were the LAST house on the power company's website to get back up and running. the neighbors house was blazing like a beacon in the nite and we were in the dark.

but we were only out for 4 days. the first day was fun. then it was a it was quite a show: me hopping around screaming we were all going to die. The Big Man crashed out on the couch with a cat under his arm - asleep.

we had fun cooking on the woodstove tho. but now i get while lunch used to be the biggest meal - you cant hardly see to cook!

between us and the neighbors we had everything we needed so we werent suffering at all. plenty of ham and firewood - what else did we need?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I've lived all over, being a military brat. Born in Tx, lived there in three towns three diff times, in Ohio, in NY, in Montgomery two times, in England, in PA, in Sacramento, in Tucson, and finally in San Jose. Experienced alot of weather, as a child and as an adult.

All my relatives live in Charlotte, Philly, Detroit, and Cleveland.

I was just funnin' you all....

-Barbara

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i think we know
;-)

but re:
three diff times, in Ohio,

where?!?!

:)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only once in Ohio - Wright Pat AFB. My younger sis was born there. Three times in Texas.

Since I'm new to the forum, I guess that I'll have to get to "know" xpc! A character for sure! :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
gotcha... thats what i get for reading too fast!

just so's ya know.. i'm suiting up again in my abominable snow dork outfit and heading out...i'm tucking everyone in early. so whilst you just waltz outside for whatever reason tonite, no coat, no snow pants, no scarf, no 'good to -40* boots', no gloves..... just think of me. i'm the woolly mammoth out there tromping thru the snow with my trusty snow dogs.

sigh. here i go....

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
gotcha... thats what i get for reading too fast!

just so's ya know.. i'm suiting up again in my abominable snow dork outfit and heading out...i'm tucking everyone in early. so whilst you just waltz outside for whatever reason tonite, no coat, no snow pants, no scarf, no 'good to -40* boots', no gloves..... just think of me. i'm the woolly mammoth out there tromping thru the snow with my trusty snow dogs.

sigh. here i go....
:yuckyuck Be sure to pee first! (That is all I can remember about snow dork outfits. :p )