the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
woohoo! I bet you're happy to have that project behind you!

ghods yes. i still have some caulking of gaps along part of the roof i'd like to do to keep the bees/hornets/wasps out but that will have to happen next year (it is getting too cold overnight). the staining part though is 99% done and whatever i missed i'll live with because i can't see it. :) walking around with my glasses off on a cloudy day ... i think i rigged that inspection... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what is left of this season's squash that i brought in from the garage. with the temperatures getting down too far below freezing the garage isn't reliable for keeping them so they have to come inside. since our conditions in here are warmer than they should be kept in i'll have to process these within the next few months.

the most interesting one to me is the different colored lighter (larger) one on the lower left side. will save those seeds for sure to replant. :)

DSC_20221117_115210-0500_1804_Squash_thm.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the last garden club meeting was today. all three of the regulars were there. we talked almost two hours and i got to talk about beans and show them the interesting out-crosses i've got to work with for the next few years.

one person brought some lufas and some soap (with parts of lufas in them). i could not take them as they had potential iffy scents in them that would bother me and/or Mom, but it was an interesting idea.

we also talked about the upcoming (hopefully!) seed swap in Feb. maybe one or both of them will be interested in attending that.

so a perfect meeting IMO. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got the strange record issue in a file (that was not appearing on a statement) talked about today with a financial institution. the person i dealt with was the CEO and was happy to hear about it and took down the information and then i had to walk them through how i produced the results i was seeing since they didn't know what i was talking about. always glad to teach people about things like that (i tend to be someone who can find odd situations in almost any program that the authors never thought anyone would ever attempt or have reasons to do but this particular one wasn't that obscure)... anyways several hours later they called back and explained it to me. i wasn't really glad to hear what they explained as it didn't make sense to me but oh well at least they knew about it and i could move on myself with my project.

it's a good winter project because during gardening season i'd not have the energy or patience for this sort of thing. :)

tomorrow i should get another issue taken care of with another company. working down my list of items to check off...

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new washer and dryer unit should be delivered and installed today. :) :) :) hope it works better than this POC that has been a PITA since we got it.

can't quite celebrate until it is out the door and gone, but i'm happy just thinking about it happening at last...
A last, I do HATE the auto-locking lid on all of the new washers

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i was going to break the recent tomato harvest into two batches and do one each day but this morning partway through the first batch i'd discarded some and enough weren't quite ready so they got set aside which meant i wasn't going to really have enough in the first batch to really make it worth running the oven or such. so i just brought them all in to process and now we have about 26 quarts that will be ready to put into jars. that's about two quarts more than i can do in a single batch in the oven. i can put them in jars anyways and we can use them for something else... they won't be wasted or spoil...

i have 28 quart jars left so this run will almost clear those out and then i'll be into the 2 quart jars which i've held in reserve. i'm not sure we're going to be doing any more tomato canning.