The Many Uses of Breastmilk

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ticks, I figured you would know what that means, you being a youngster and all! I'm assuming you mean sht4luck's name? Just really bad, bad luck on a continuing basis....

I feel for you, sht! I, too, have been the recipient of a large portion of this kind of luck in my life! :lol:

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Ticks, I figured you would know what that means, you being a youngster and all! I'm assuming you mean sht4luck's name? Just really bad, bad luck on a continuing basis....

I feel for you, sht! I, too, have been the recipient of a large portion of this kind of luck in my life! :lol:
hahaha. I was seriously clueless until you just mentioned it. I liek that name.

tntstanifer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
heatherv said:
I have to quit coming back here.. I just can't stop LOL when I get here!

I do have to add this (since we're on the subject)

that when I had my first son, and was nursing him... I had a friend who had 6 month old twins she was nursing. She also had a 2 and 4 yo. :eek: So I would take my son over there, and help her out. Well many times she'd ask me to nurse one of her babies, if they were wanting to eat. Her milk wasn't keeping up w/ them both... and at their size she couldn't nurse both at the same time. I was in shock when she asked me this the first time!!! I never did it.. but she still always asked.. and wondered why not? I'd never heard of such a thing.. but I just didn't feel like you were supposed to do that. Now, as a more experienced mom... and been in need of milk when my daughter was in the NICU.... If I could go back... I'd do it. It wouldn't have hurt anything... and could've helped her out.

Just thought I'd share! :)
Hmmmm, this reminds me of when I became a grandmother. My daughter was having a difficult time nursing and had become engorged and I sent her to take a warm shower and to express some. My grandson was having a fit in the mean time, so I asked her if I could nurse him. She was sorta shocked but at this point I think she was desperate, so I nursed my grandson. He was very happy by the time my daughter got done with her shower and she was able to feed him more without him being so fussy. I nursed my youngest daughter (who is 2 1/2 ) until just a few weeks ago, when she weaned herself. It is the natural thing to do, period! I'm happy to see all the other things that you can do with breast milk, but alas, I think I'm dried up now :/

Terri

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I used breastmilk with great success in ears and noses - clears up a blocked nose really fast!

Funny how folks are happy to drink milk from an animal, but milk from a human grosses them out.. :gig

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Strange when you think about it... we would completely freak if a calf nursed from a human!!! even though that's exactly what we do with the calf's mama. I suppose all the milking machinery lets us not think of it quite in that way...

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Strange when you think about it... we would completely freak if a calf nursed from a human!!! even though that's exactly what we do with the calf's mama. I suppose all the milking machinery lets us not think of it quite in that way...
:gig Its funny isn't it!
Drinking milk from a COW! LOL its SO normal, but drinking human milk is GROSS! :gig :gig :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I wonder who was the first to look at a cow's udder and say, "Gee, I bet that stuff would taste good!" :hu

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a friend who has now passed on, that loved his wife's breast milk. He said that he wished she would always have milk and that it was all he could drink also.

I myself just couldn't get that. My husband at the time didn't want anything to do with tasting my milk. I didn't ever taste it either.

I don't know what is offensive about even thinking about it, but it is. It is one of those things that sends shivers up your spine.

I apologizeto anyone I have offended, that is just my opinion.

I haven't ever really thought about it, but it just seems weird. Animal babies drink milk until they get older, we do too. Yes we drink cow or goat milk when we get older but I tink that is a preference as is vegetarianism or any other type of food decision. Some people are repuled by the mere thought of eating an egg let alone the meat of any animal. I can't understand that either as we have been carnivores, hunter-gatherers. I know people that won't eat anything with a face, but I have also read studies that prove that plants scream when leaves etc. are plucked or cut. What is the difference. They are both obviously living things!

Sorry to stray off the subject, but then again I don't think it is too far off.

Monica

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a friend who has now passed on, that loved his wife's breast milk. He said that he wished she would always have milk and that it was all he could drink also.

******Monica are you saying the husband drank the wife's breastmilk....like a regular glass of milk??? Cause if so, ICK--sorry but that just curls my toes for some reason..>LOL

I hear ya on your post!!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig Too funny - Someone a LONG time ago told me HUMAN milk tasted like sweet spring water.

My hubby wouldn't go near it (the milk not the source). I never tasted it either.... I don't think there would have been enough - my kids were GLUTTONS. :gig