The working dog...post a pic and tell us about them!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tell ya what. I stumbled across Your " Homesteading with animals". I'll upload some & post them there. How about that?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That would be great! This forum is so new that sometimes it gets a little slow...always nice to have pics to see and all! Can you post the one that you put on the wall, as well? :D

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Done.
I don't know why but the one you asked for only came through as a link. Click the link and it will come up.
Took a lot longer to do than I thought it would. Time for bed. Enjoy.

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's our Rudy hard at work, on patrol.
307_birdwatching.jpg

He's an expert at keeping birds from landing on the lawn, warning any birds flying overhead, entertaining the chickens, and keeping me warm when I sit on the couch at night.
Here he is guarding a blanket.
307_rudyonblanket.jpg

You don't want to mess with this guy. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
He is simply adorable...but don't tell him~ might make him feel less than macho with that kind of compliment! :D What a sweet face! Oops! Did it again!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:D

I have a new pup - well she's almost 5 mts old.

A red Heeler - her name is Ginja. Her "job" is to make sure the kids are safe when playing outside, safe from snakes, crazy deer and other critters...

Her puppy pic

SANY0373.jpg

Today:
SANY0615.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Cuteness overload! :) I wish puppies never lost that puppy "look" and softness. So easy to love a puppy. How does she do with the livestock, if any?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Cuteness overload! :) I wish puppies never lost that puppy "look" and softness. So easy to love a puppy. How does she do with the livestock, if any?
We have a goat and horse - she barks non-stop at the goat... is a little nervous of the horse. Scared of the ducks cause they go for her ears... :gig

SANY0641.jpg

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dont have working dogs I have working cats, no really i do. We live next to an open field and the field mice were driving us crazy 3 cats later and we havent seen or heard a mouse in our attic since, just feed them 3-4 times a week and they suppliment with mice, snakes moles and shrews. awesome rodent control

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My GP/Lab mix is simply terrified of horses! Somewhere in her past she has definitely been traumatized by some evil, rabid horse...I'm just sure of it.

Great pic! She does well with the poultry then, this is always an added bonus...especially after reading all the post about this subject on the BYC. Great looking dog, BTW!