This crazy girl is getting sheep!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The sheep are great but their owner is a bit busy!
The two bigger gals love chin scratches and the one is learning to like neck rubs. Yay. The skittish one is gaining weight, so that’s good. They took a few introductions to the goats but now they seem to just not care each other exist...which is perfect.

The only problem, well two, is that they keep trying to eat tires. I have tires on their side for the goats to play on and the sheep keep trying to drink the rain water out of them. Just why???
The other problem is they are absolutely sure my tiny white dog is a sheep and they need to care for him. They get so pushy in their sniffing he ends up in the dirt... so I’m trying to get them bored with him. Any ideas lol? I guess he just looks like a lamb them.

Oh, and they’re already trained to know what “bedtime” means lol, all I have to do is whisper it and they leap away and rush into their house at night. Which they are getting locked up so they can eat their food in peace from the goats.

Anyway, think I covered everything.
Hope y’all are doing alright and enjoying your adventures!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Favorite scratch place is their brisket, between their front legs. They cannot reach that spot and will beg for more. It’s a great way to make BFF’s out of your sheep. It’s also a great way to ensure they will be forever pests, annoying stinkers that will never leave you alone!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Favorite scratch place is their brisket, between their front legs. They cannot reach that spot and will beg for more. It’s a great way to make BFF’s out of your sheep. It’s also a great way to ensure they will be forever pests, annoying stinkers that will never leave you alone!
Ahh yes, they’re already learning to be stinkers🤣. One likes a particular spot on her back scratched and the other is still a little unsure.
I love it.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did my first hoof trim, managed to go too close and she bled a little bit. I felt so bad!
Right now it’s getting warm, so about time to shear. They were panting and stretched out yesterday, at only 65, worried me a bit! The wool is probably only the length of my fingers before it’s stretched out. I don’t know how usable that will be, because I’ve never worked with wool. But it has to come off. I’m going to check when shearers are coming around next. I’d love to learn how to do it myself, but I’m nervous. I’m also nervous of any diseases they could pick up at the farm with the shearers.
:barnieThese sheep have got me all nervous.

Latest posts