This may be a touchy subject, but ..... Marijuana

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
But according to our current laws, there is no difference.
Cops don't grade the THC content when they bust a 4 acre field, other than to get a street value for bragging rights.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I may be wrong here - (its happened before):D but I think I remember reading somewhere there are states that will allow you to grow hemp for fiber. You have to register, and be in conformance with the laws they have established or some such.

Posting off the cuff here and my memory just ain't what it use to be.

Rushing off to research this now.

Found some info. It appears its legal in some states to grow however, its still against Federal Law which supersedes state laws. Hows that for a gotcha?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
I do believe that growing cannabis for fiber is not the same as growing it for the effects of THC.
of course not, but how about growing it for the benefits of THC.
This doctor says smoking pot does not cause COPD nor lung cancer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmQ16cGBHU&feature=related

marijuana cures terminal brain tumor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BWBqtIlNXI

mice treated with medical marijuana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-52SYV_8wI&feature=related

medical marijuana for autism
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...tism/6EE573E36971383B3E346EE573E36971383B3E34

Surely keeping research from the people is criminal and as evil as monsanto

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My dear friend smokes it for her scleroderma. She is a prominent Houston architect and an upstanding citizen too.

ETA: forgot an "r" in scleroderma.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The point is that there are many people who use it for a medical reason, and it is helping! I do not agree with the regular everyday pothead who smokes it just to get a buzz on....those are the very people who are giving it a bad rap...just like a raving alcoholic with a wine bottle in his hand could give a wonderful bottle of red wine a bad rap. But it doesn't mean that bottle of red wine is wrong for those who drink a glass of it to compliment the flavours on thier plate or to relax before bed. Notice I said A GLASS...not a bottle:>)
I mean we could illegalize alot of foods if you take into consideration what some glutons do to themselves with it...(and I don't mean to offend anyone who is overweight here...I am talking about the severe over eating kind of weight gain) I have a brother who will order three mcdonalds meals, eat two large pizzas himslef in one sitting...the all you can eat buffet places have actually banned him...THAT kind of gluttony

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is also an excellent treatment for Glaucoma and chemo related nausea. Also, as has been mentioned before, the seeds are super high in protein.

They tried Marinol as a synthetic replacement, but one of the side effects is *surprise* nausea.

I did not know that about scleroderma, BBH. And it helps her skin & arteries? Hmmmm

I know a few people with ADHD who function tons better with it, and a few who should never, ever ingest it.

It'd be great if we had access to all the research that has been done on marijuana/hemp. I doubt we have even scratched the surface.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It helped with the pain for sure. She took tons of herbal remedies too and her dr. was amazed at how healthy she was. At one time she couldn't even close her hands around a pen. Without her dr.'s help and to his amazement (she used a naturopath or something like that) she has full use of her hands now. Pretty rare for scleroderma.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ah yes, pain management! I didn't realize scleroderma caused severe pain, I thought it was more a cosmetic ailment. Did a little reading on it just now. That is great for your friend :)

Very good post Morel, that is indeed the point.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It has also been reported to work very well for extreme morning sickness during pregnancy, and the babies who were born actually scored better on the apgar scale...and were calmer more relaxed babies all around. Gotta find that study...it was online here somewhere...

Latest posts