Trespassing?

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't care who it is, I don't like them coming around my house. Luckily it is totally fenced around my house and you have to get passed 6 dogs in the yard. Needless to say, very few people come knocking.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just can't believe the nerve of some people to think it's okay to come onto other peoples property and even think they have a right to do so.
I don't even let my kids cut across or play in others yards without their permission.
I mean really, what if anyone of them got hurt on your property. I'm sure they would surely try to sue you. Atleast if you do have No Tresspassing signs you'd be somewhat protected legally, since they would be in violation.

But of course, stranger things have happened .

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, in our great country, IF you shot someone trespassing, boy would you be "bloody murderer" but I am all with SKR8PN on that topic, shoot, then ask questions.

About the livestock feeding by strangers, I was once at a rabbit breeders place, a VERY nice older fella. We were sitting on the back porch, sipping some beer, smoking a pipe ( I know, I know it is bad for me, and it is gonna kill me, and all that, but I do like to have a pipe from time to time). Talking about his setup about the breed and all. How people who do not have a slightest clue about farming start lecturing you how to do your "JOB", how he lost some bunnies couse the kids feed some picked crap for the bunnies. So he says, that now he has 1 sacrificing pen, where he has the lower quality bunnies. and has the major of his breeding operation further into the farm, and all fenced up.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Wifezilla said:
Trespassers will be shot on sight. Survivors will be shot again.
I sell a lot of those signs at my shop! :gig
My other favorite is:

"Shoot'em all. Let GOD sort'em out."

:ep :clap :clap :clap :clap
or

"If you can read this you are in range"

and our fav:

We don't call 911

;-)
gate, fence, dogs if anyone comes thru they are on their own.. that mean gander will get them for sure!

partyfowl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We build a house this last summer, the first thing we did was put up NO TREASPASSING and NO HUNTING signs. We live in the middle of NO WHERE!! But wouldnt you know it, every salesmen possible drove down our 1/2 mile long drive way. Apparently when you file for a permit, insulation, siding, landscaping and roofing salemen go down to the county and your info is free and up for grabs. Regardless of your private property signs. AAGGGHHHHHH MAKES ME SOOO MAD!:somad

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I keep telling SO we should get geese to patrol the property! I'd love to see someone come and try to help themselves to our peaches, if we had geese.
Guess I should be gratefull we now have goats. I'll work on geese next :p

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
6 words: "Get the hell off my lawn!!!!"

Followed by the unmistakable sound of a shotgun being loaded (chuh-chink).

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is another sign out & I don't remember all of it but something to the effect of "to heck with the dog, BEWARE OF OWNER who carries a 357 magnum"

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just so you know, I am one of those "church ladies." So is my mother. And my aunt. And many, many dear friends. Very good people, doing this usually unwelcomed task because it is what Jesus told all his disciples to do.....People have the legal right to approach and knock on your front door, and you have the legal right to be nasty or polite or to hide. I don't understand it when people are so rude to someone who is obviously harmless, and could be someone just like your mother, aunt, sister, or ....no, I can't use the word friend.

Sorry, BB, I had to say that. Just wanted you to know and maybe to think. Not everything is as it appears. You don't need guts, you just need to say, "No thank you, I am not interested." Even if you have to say it three times to a persistant person, so what? If you are polite, you get to keep your dignity, your reputation, and a good conscience.

THAT being said....I would NEVER go around a house and yoo-hoo for minutes, and I would never pass a No Trespassing sign! If I was with anyone who wanted to, I would protest and not participate. And remind them that they could be prosecuted, as they would be going beyond their legal right. And that I would not visit them in jail! (Yes, I've said that! I even took an older, deaf, overweight church lady by the arm and pulled her away from a home-owner, as I apoligized the entire time. My companion just did not get it. Remember, some older women have Alzheimer's, and that does not mean their heart is not in the right place.)

I stay in the car if there is a vicious-looking dog and wait to see if someone comes out. Anyone who lets such a dog go off-leash is sending a clear message. I respect that.

I was thankful that my neighbor chased off a trespasser from his land when the NAIS guy was counting my animals over the fence when, earlier in the week, I had declined "voluntarily participating" in the program. Too late, I was volunteered to participate and my info went onto a website, with an account number that was useless, as I could not access the info to change it anyways.

I like the pasture sign: "If you think you can cross this field in ten seconds, don't. The bull can do it in 8."

Latest posts