Trespassing?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh, We had one of those miss_thenorth!! Phil used to own the property (the whole 87 acres) we own and kept creeping around, always when my dad wasn't home. He just WOULDN'T leave, we asked him not to drive so fast up the driveway, he didn't stop, we asked him not to come up, he didn't stop, we asked him to speak to the man about the land he was "leasing" next door and stop using our driveway, he didn't. Eventually we got so sick, and creeped out about it that we told him if he didn't get off the property in 5 seconds the police would be here in 3 more seconds.

He then started using the path the farmer made him from the road, but to spite us he scared the crap out of Luna and sent her flying through a fence!! She had a huge abscess from the slide and pulled every single muscle she had. Poor thing couldn't walk for a week!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i still cant get over that MP actually starts a sentence with:

" In Sniper school ....."

oh come ON...we've can get a lot of mileage on this one... seriously.. what's the first day like?

i keep picturing a class room with a bunch of oversized jar heads in undersized grade school desks and an older, grizzled veteran writing on the chalkboard:

"Welcome to Sniper School"

and saying "Today we're going to learn about....."

i cant help it, i've been snickering about it all day.....

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Do people not know what is & is not acceptable? Like others have said, the front door is public access, the rest of the yard is not, the back of the house is not. If I'm expecting you, that's one thing. Its quite another for political folks or religious folks or even girl scouts to ramble on your property.

Okay, I have a story about trespassing. We have a ball field to one side of our property & an apartment complex on the other. Folks would leave the ballfield, cross our backyard & go to the apartments. Ummm, no!
So we staked our wolf Lobo outside the back door, right about where they would cross.
Its late one night, quiet. The ball games were over and they had just turned out the lights when we hear a thud, then a loud, frantic voice "WHOA!!!" followed by the crashing of brush & thudding footfalls fading into the distance. We walk outside & find Lobo laying down at his post, and two hand prints in the grass beside him. We can only assume that whoever it was tripped over Lobo, looked up to see the serrated teeth of his grin & turned tail to run. He was a big softy, but so big & scary looking.
Lobo_Web.jpg

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We, too used to live in a trailer park and had people that constantly crossed through out yard. Our problem was mostly teenagers. When we got Tyson (the bubba-dog), we taught him to bark at anyone unfamiliar like he was going to kill them. I mean we would egg him on and get him all riled up and everything. If anyone came near the yard (unfenced), he sounded like he was going to bust through from the inside of the house to get them. People started to come 'round less and less. The thing that helped the most in summer was leaving the front door open. I know, sounds crazy right. Tyson was also trained that he was not to go outside without permission under any circumstances. I'm sure you can imagine the looks of fear on the teens faces when there was this dog barking like he would rip the limbs from your body standing in an open doorway. Funny thing is, he is the friendliest dog in the world and he genuinely loves people. When we moved, we've never had any issues. Tyson isn't nearly as aggressive (we think he may be losing his hearing as he doesn't bark until someone knocks on the door) and seems to know that he can relax a bit.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i still cant get over that MP actually starts a sentence with:

" In Sniper school ....."

oh come ON...we've can get a lot of mileage on this one... seriously.. what's the first day like?

i keep picturing a class room with a bunch of oversized jar heads in undersized grade school desks and an older, grizzled veteran writing on the chalkboard:

"Welcome to Sniper School"

and saying "Today we're going to learn about....."

i cant help it, i've been snickering about it all day.....
First day is meet and greet, killing starts the following day!!

Its always about who has the biggest gun, or rifle, depends if your Marines/Army.

A room filled with a bunch of testosterone filled young men in crisp tight uniforms ready to serve our great nation any way they are asked. At least that was me anyway. I am not allowed to post pictures of me in uniform, the wife forbids me from doing so. Besides who wants to see me when I was all fit and trim? I wasn't really a mountain man back in those days a muscle head who loved to do PT at 0430 everyday than play with weapons, dress up in cammy, and eat bad food... So I doubt that I would get any positive attention as I do now.. :rolleyes: :lol:

We also were taught how to lay still for very long periods of time, what did we do when we had to P? Don't ask Don't tell!!!

Have fun!! (waits lurking to see others post)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
MP, for a short time during my service in the AF, I was allowed to be a spotter....it was really cool! So, I loved reading your post, HAHA

I have a trespassing story.....

When I had my Giant Schnauzers, they were trained in personal protection, ON COMMAND...unless they felt threatened or you crossed their line. One day I'm really sick, layed up on the couch, female GS laying on the floor near me. MIL had called and said she would bring me some juice from town, ...no problem. Usually she would call to say "I'm in the driveway" or something....not this time. She came in the open garage, to the walk door and opened it up with the "yoohoo!". Well, of course as soon as the GS heard her hand on the door she was up and moving. its about 35+ feet from the couch to the door, and it was covered in about 3 leaps. Just as MIL poked her head in, female GS jumped at the door. MIL barely escaped a head smash (between door and door jam) and from that point on didn't even want to THINK of coming inside. She ALWAYS called, and asked me to meet her in the driveway!!!

I DO NOT approve of people knocking excessively, or wandering around the house. If I don't answer, GO AWAY. If I say "THank you, but I'm not interested" ...GO AWAY. If I give you the respect of politeness, then give me the respect of my wishes. Don't push, or I will get rude, really, really, fast. I don't care if its religion, selling meat, Girl Scouts, or whatever. If I say "No Thank You", that should be all that is necessary.

Oh, and I LOVE the "If you can read this, you are in range"......

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What is it with the people selling meat out of trucks? Yeah, like I want to buy your extra meat :sick

dreamweaver

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't know if this counts as a trespassing story or not, but it absolutely infuriated me. I live in a subdivision out of the city limits. In this situation, there had been a stray dog around for a couple of days - really big, friendly dog, looked like a St. Bernard and the people across the street had been feeding it. So I come home from work one evening (my husband was working late so he wasn't home) and there are a whole bunch of people, mainly men in my front yard. I get out and walk into MY yard to see what is going on and some man who lived up the street jumped in front of me and ended up knocking me down, telling me to get back. Excuse me - it's MY yard and YOU just knocked me down --- WHY? I started yelling until they all shut up. Then I see the stray dog, up on my porch. Turns out somebody hit it, they stopped, the people across the street were going to take it to the vet, but it was hurt and it didn't want anybody touching it - imagine that? Somehow a bunch of men were going to grab it and get it in a vehicle but they'd cornered it on my porch. (how it was going to work differently with several men than with one, I don't know) The man who knocked me down said that dog was vicious and he was trying to keep it from biting me. (Said dog was in the corner of my porch.) I told them to get out of my yard and I would handle it, which did not go over well at all. They backed up close to the street and I told them again they'd best not even try to touch that dog. I went inside and got a pill that shall remain nameless, broke it into several little pieces, and went back outside, and walked calmly up on my porch and sat down by the dog, who had shown no sign of aggression towards me (but then I hadn't been chasing it). I sat there for a minute, patted his head and he laid it in my lap. Then I slipped one of the small pieces of the pill in his mouth with no problem, he didn't try to spit it out. So we sit there awhile. My husband drives up, I'm sitting on the porch with the dog's head in my lap (he's almost asleep), with an audience in the front yard. He gets out and asks what is going on and all those men start talking, but he walks up and asks me. So I tell him and tell him what I gave the dog and I point out the man who knocked me down in my own yard. He goes over to the man and his wife from across the street, they bring their vehicle over, the dog is now snoozing and they carefully life it in and are off to the vet. I never knew exactly what my husband said to the men who I know were trying to help, but give me a break, I'm barely into MY yard - the dog is on MY porch and you're gonna jump in front of ME and knock ME down and yell at ME?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I grew up in the house that my grandfather built. Its an interesting, unusual house. We occasionally had people knock on the door, and ask if they could take a closer look. Sometimes they would call first; in that case, if she had time, my mother might give them a tour. If they just showed up, but were polite, she might ask one of of us children to give the tour. If they were rude they were directed to leave. Quite a few were rude :D. I especially liked the one that claimed, since the house was so unusual, that it "must" be open to the public, and got quite upset that he wasn't allowed in! Some went even further, by not even asking, just opening the gate, and wandering around; a few even made it inside :somad. Well, now anyone can wander about the house - for a fee! It's a museum now.