Trespassing?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
In Sniper school painted on the front of the classroom wall FT Benning GA.

If you run you will die tired, if you hide you will die confused.

I once sniped a Infantry Colonel trying to get his CIB on a training field with miles gear. He was very upset that I shot him, however when he approached me, I spoke quite candid to him when he asked me why did I hit him? I said Sir if you were in combat you would now be dead, I take this job serous as to teach people to survive crawling in a field.

I mentioned that phrase while he was walking away to another soldier. He heard me and returned and put me in the front leaning position and gave me a speech about respecting officers even though they might be wrong. After about 3 minutes I returned to my post. Later I went and whined to my Company Commander who also put me in the front leaning position because he had already heard about the incident. :rolleyes:

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You don't take kindly to discipline, do you? :rant Join me! I'm right even when I'm wrong, except I'm never wrong :lol:

I'm so bad I quit smoking 6 months before my company became non-smoking inside. I knew I would fight it, so I took the bulls by the horn and did it on my own. That was in 1989, and I'm still non-smoking.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What SUPER bothers me is people who floor it along our road and then SLOOWWWW way down right infront of my front pasture. THAT makes me so paranoid.

We get Jehovahs Witnesses who come up but if you're polite they leave pretty quick. They started off with the mini van coming up here but soon realized you need a big truck, so now they have the farmer Jehovahs Witness come up in his F250 LOL.

I don't have the time to be converted, my mum is super friendly with them but I just don't have the patience AT ALL for any of that and I usually hide out in the goat shed or barn or house if she's not around.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
It's mine (kind of) in that I have stewardship over it. It really belongs to a higher power.

I work hard on it. I don't appreciate people disrespecting me and my land by coming on it without permission. I don't like ATVs tearing stuff up. I don't like the wildlife being harassed. I don't like trash being left.

Yeah, I'm a crabby old guy that doesn't appreciate the "oldtimers" thinking they can go wherever they want when they want.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have four acres that no one wants to stomp through, so I don't have these issues, but I share your sentiment, Dac.

If I did have this problem...ask first, be nice to the critters and the land, and we're golden.

Whooo boy though. Some of the stories on this thread...just whooo boy. You guys have incredible restraint to not :smack

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We just found out this past week, that the farm land that surrounds us is for sale. :hide I have been after the owner, for past 26 years that I have lived here, to sell me all or a part of the field directly behind our house. I had a talk with the Realtor that has it listed, and the owner is going to try to sell it off in one chunk. Out buildings, 1 rental that has 3 units, work shops, one with office space, a house with a pond, and all 57 acres. $950,000
:th :th :th

The one bright spot is, they "might" split it off if they don't get an offer for all of it. :fl :fl :fl

If I do manage to purchase a 2-3 acre section, there is going to be a LOT of fencing that will need to be strung.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
What SUPER bothers me is people who floor it along our road and then SLOOWWWW way down right infront of my front pasture. THAT makes me so paranoid.

We get Jehovahs Witnesses who come up but if you're polite they leave pretty quick.They started off with the mini van coming up here but soon realized you need a big truck, so now they have the farmer Jehovahs Witness come up in his F250 LOL.

I don't have the time to be converted, my mum is super friendly with them but I just don't have the patience AT ALL for any of that and I usually hide out in the goat shed or barn or house if she's not around.
Yep, thank you for being polite to my friends.

:lol: "Farmer JW!" At least you don't get the yoohooing ladies looking for you in the goat shed....

(And we know you're hiding....it is probably quicker to just go the polite route and get it over with... :gig We assume at first that you don't hear us...I don't hear people at my door, I think it is the pets making noise...)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Aunt is Jehovah's Witness. I believe that her heart is in the right place and that they sincerely do what they do to help bring others to church. I am not Jehovah's Witness, but I still try not to be rude. I am paranoid about people I don't know showing up at my house and I think they must have a lot of devotion to show up at a stranger's house in the area I lived in where you don't get any warning before getting shot at. Know that song "with the crazies and the old wildcats"(or something like that) that is where we lived. My problem is with the oilwell people crossing our land with their cables and such-through the yard, boxes by the house and such. Yes I gave them permission, but I was told that they would just cross once with a little cable out of the way on the edge of the property. Not several of them at once going over our 1 acre a couple of times a day. Our two pits and lab had one of them crawling through a jungle of briars and blackberry thorns yesterday though. The dogs were chained, but I guess he didn't know that and he didn't speak a word of english. Dh finally went out and rescued him after he stood in the thorns looking at the dogs he had to pass to get to the box for about 10 min. He went the long way through the briars only to realize that the box was on the other side of the dogs! I felt bad for him, but we got a good laugh at his expense, since we were outside watching him the entire time wondering what the heck he was doing.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sorta trespassing, but not really. Hubby has a friend (Roy), who has a friend (terry). Terry and hubby are not friends. Terry does deliveries near where we live and used to stop by when hubby was at work. First time I didn't even know who he was, he introduced himself. I told him hubby would be home later. He didn't leave. Wanted to meet the horses and look at the chickens etc. I showed him briefly, then said, Ok, hubby will be home later. He still didn't leave. I was getting pissed. finally he leaves.

About a month later, he shows up again. I was in the house, kids outside, dd riding the horse. I look out the window to check on her, and Terry is mounting the horse. He clearly did not kno what he was doing. I asked hiim to get off. ( I had words for dd later--he had told her he kew how to ride)) Then he mentioned bringing his daughter over to come ride the horses. I said I don't think that is a good idea. there are stable around where you can go for a trial ride.Hubby will be home at such and such a time, then I turned heel and went back in the house. He still didn't leave. i yelled out the window that I would let hubby know he stopped by.

Next month he comes over and( I was raising meat birds at the time) how he would sure like to try farm fresh chicken. I told him I charged $3/lb they would be ready in September. told him what time hubby would be home then clearly said good bye.

next month, he stops by again (always when dh was NOT home!!!) and asks if I would trade hair products for a chicken. (he sells hair products to salons around here) (ok, I'm a redneck and my hair is usually in apony tail, I don't use hair product) told him I charged $3/lb and thanks but I don't use any hair products.

Comes back the NEXT month and askes for a chicken, I pulled a 6 pounder out of the freezer and says $18.00. ?With chicken in hand, said he would pay hubby later. At this point, I jsut wanted to GET RID OF HIM!!!

Hubby had been getting ear fulls all summer, and I had finally had enough. I told him he needed to talk to this guy, and tell him that I didn't want to see his face on my property again!!!!!!!! He will NOT be bringing his dd over to ride our horses, and I hope he chokes on a chicken bone!!!
I would conveniently be getting ready for target shooting if he ever came over again.

He never did pay for the chicken, but at least he has never set foot on my land again.