Trespassing?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'll have you know, the SAME people were just here again! What is with that?? Persistent aren't they? My dad was out there and talked to them. He didn't come in any holier than usual. Darn it all anyway. :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that (dad not being more holier), but he could tell them to NOT come back.

btw---I just love your sig :plbb

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
That's what I said! But he never told them that.

Hehe. Yes, I came up with that while thinking of what I might say to such people if I ever had the guts.

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The road I live on ceases being a public road about a mile from my house, which sits at the end of a dead end road. There are five homes on this mile drive, so we know who belongs here and who doesn't. At the beginning of our private road there is a LARGE sign that says NO TRESPASSING, Private Road. It would be hard to miss by anybody with enough eyesight to be driving. Nevertheless, we have people knocking on the door every so often, trying to sell us meat, religion, garden services, and other stuff. I finally got po'ed enough to go take a picture of the sign and print a few up. Now when someone knocks who doesn't belong here, I hand them a picture of the sign, and say "You must have missed the No Trespassing sign. Here's what it looks like. Bye." Then I close the door.

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tresspassing is annoying, it's even more annoying when people question why or act like you're the mean ol' grump who's out to make their life 'miserable'.

Our heartache is the beautiful pond we share with our neighbors. Only two people own the land around it, one side is marshy while the other is deeper water and manicured banks. So when the elderly neighbors give anyone and everyone permission to fish, guess who's side these people are fishing from? Our stuff goes missing, and other people's trash shows up. We since put up a fence, posted "No Tresspassing" signs and have actually run several groups of ornery people out of the yard. One group actually came through the driveway gate, brushed past the "No Tresspassing" and "Beware of Dog" sign, walked through our front yard and down the the pond.

Just makes me want to slap strangers when they ask "Why can't we fish on your property?" Um... let's see.. Because our backyard is not a public park? Would you want random people walking through 'your' backyard? Of course they wouldn't, but because we have a pond in our yard and 5 acres it should be available for any ol' person to come and have a party on.

Since we got mean about it, people have slowed down or just stopped asking. Most people don't want to fish the pond unless they're standing on the side that we mow and trim.

Most of the time when a single person or two comes up and asks us personally, we say yes. But we explain to let us know when they come up, when they leave, and tell them to throw any jack fish that they catch out of the pond, and to clean up after themselves.

Whoo.. glad I let that rant out. Sensitive issue. LOL

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
You should have seen the day SO cound that a telephone guy came to the back door!
He went after that guy and made sure he know that he was trespassing! The guy denied it, but I had seen him come to the back door and then peek toward the door leading to the back yard.

He had come to the front door which I didn't answer, then he walked around the back. Absolutely not cool!!! I was sick that day, and didn't feel like explaining anything to anyone. The guy claimed he was looking for a specific number. Well ours is clearly marked and we have an odd number, The number the guy was looking for was an even number. You'd think a telephone guy would know that odd numbers are on one side of the street and even numbers on the other.
We don't tolerate anyone coming to the back door. Unless they have been invited to.
We also covered our fence in bamboo, so people can no longer peek over the chain link fence to see if we are home, or what we have. And we have no trespassing signs posted all around the property and beware of dog signs.
Once I get my goat fence up, we'll also be posting electric fence signs.
We also have a no soliciting sign next to the front door right above the doorbell (which doesn't work :lol:).
We don't like strangers knocking at our door in the first place, we sure don't like for them to come snooping around the back!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
SKR8PN said:
Trespassers will be shot on sight. Survivors will be shot again. :clap
Even nosy ole church ladies????
ESPECIALLY nosy old church ladies. :D
Years ago....I used to have a VERY cantankerous Cock-a-Poo. He was a biter under certain circumstances.......
If the back door was OPEN, he'd let you come in and loot the place, but heaven forbid that you should EVER knock on closed door. He'd eat you alive. Seriously.
Had one of those nosy, old, over weight, church ladies stop one time. I was in the back yard tending my roses. Heard the dog absolutely going NUTS on the front porch. I ran around the house to see her cornered by the dog and he was about 2 seconds away from taking flesh off her knee caps. I grabbed him and tossed him in the house, THEN discovered what she was all about. I politely told her I was NOT interested. She persisted. I again told her no thanks. She started up one last time, THAT'S when I threatened to let the dog back outside.
She left.
Quickly.
WITH all of her papers. :hu :lol: