WA HOO FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not a sit on the porch day.....we went and bought a new pool.
I have a 15 yr old 15 ft round. Bought a 24 ft. round. Bigger for the kiddo.

We went back and forth, back and forth, hmmm & hawed a million times but Tony just took out the old liner and WOW the rust is coming up the sides very bad on the old pool. The rust around the intakes is horrible also. So figuring we needed ALOT of sand to get above that rust line, and little more for pack down, by the time I put that money into it, heck I might as well say---done pool, you served me well, no more good money into bad---so bye bye

Couple weeks we will get the new one installed....can't wait to swim! :)

Saved $700 cause I didn't need a new filter and pump. I got a new one about 3 years ago when the old one died...doing well....so didn't need that in the package. So any money saved is great! :)

Allergies are rough. So tired today. Had a super sneeze fit this morning, eyes running down my cheeks, nose leaking....just UGH.
Tis the season to die with allerigies...LOL

Tony out mowing. I gotta get the old cut up liner off the back yard and into the trash area for pickup.....so see ya'll later

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got power, FC....? Saw on the news there were bad storms out your way, & Duke Power has a lot of outages. We got a few hours of rain here but that's it. :)

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so when can I come down for a pool party? I am on the MD line- shouldn't take too long.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Got power, FC....? Saw on the news there were bad storms out your way, & Duke Power has a lot of outages. We got a few hours of rain here but that's it. :)
HI I AM

yea lost for 4 hrs only, others lost alot longer

storm very bad...tornado thur Lincolnton...did roof damage and massive tree damage

my computer is down. DSL line is bad. Coming Sat to fix and hopefully it will be done and up .

no computer sucks LOL but hey, technology is a killer when you lose it.

see ya in a few days

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tornado came thru area

hail was insane
wind insane

scary storm

lost power only 4 hours.....basically all fine except for tree, home damage etc. tons of trees cut off roads. I came thru fine with small house damage but Tony fixed it already

My DSL line is down. Sat the tech. is coming to see what problem is...can't login. Who knows when I will be back up....so saying HI and everyone take care and don't get too wild til I get back LOL

see everyone next week

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad you're okay, FC...check in with us when you're back up & running!! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At Barb's house using her computer

dsl line to be checked between 8-11
who knows when bellsouth will come lol
no computer yet

will see ya later

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK --Mr. BellSouth came this morning and finally I am up and online again.....I upgraded to faster DSL (and yes it is wonderful) but he explained that somehow it booted me out of the system during the upgrade, so he got me back online AND there was a line problem and he fixed that. So 2 problems....both fixed.

OMG not having computer since Tues. was horrible. I realized I do depend on it alot. I love my computer! :bun

So some updates:

Old pool gone--Tony tore down and took to metal scrapyard

5 giant trees down....the back of the yard where I am putting the new bigger pool. BIG trees, tons of work...goats eating those trees now in the pasture brush pile dump. WHEW

Next week 5 giant stumps coming out of ground. Tony will fire up the backhoe and dig them out.

About 3 weeks new pool going in and will be nice! :)

Cleaned my car real good. UGH alot of work when you really detail the inside...but I love it, so nice and fresh and clean...til the kid gets in it again LOL

Fixing up 2 of my horse stalls, fixing up some fence areas etc.
Getting a new horse come next spring....come late winter will start looking. I am sick and frigg'in tired of not owning a horse. No horse for Nicole. Just me.....she is showing no interest but if she truly takes to my horse, then maybe she can have one but I am not getting her one until I know she wants to really ride. Me, I miss riding since my last horse passed. So horse time for me. Saving money for a new saddle and the works also. My saddle is in bad shape. So banking money and fixing up for the horse to come! :) WOO HOO

Gained 3 lbs....lost 3 lbs....gained 2 lbs....lost 2 lbs.....LOL LOL

so basically I am down 10 lbs and can't seem to get more off right now. Well, hell I am not trying that hard..LOL BUT Might try again hard in a week or so. Just not in the mood to watch the crappier food I am eating right now......oh well. I got 10 off....those last 2 will have to wait :bun

nothing much more doing. tired....nice weather so been outside doing hard work which is good I guess

off to read the board and see who is fighting and going wild HA HA
nice to see wild threads without me in them :lol: