WA HOO FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea Gina, you have that little nick in the crown that your tongue constantly heads to to 'feel'

can drive one nutso :lol:

oh yea being my TWO FRONT TEETH I am not settling on this one. I might be in the South now, but I like teeth and want good teeth :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
chilly, damp, cold, cloudy, icky, yucky, brrrrr.....that kinda of day.
1/2 day or so of no rain and small new front moving in to night and MORE rain. then SUN on Friday? Could it be? we shall see.....

When we got 3-4-5 days of weather like this it sure gets me down. I absolutely love sunshine. Come now OK? Get it together Mother Nature ;)

dull day planned. work stuff. soap biz is priority today with getting some usual chores done.

Went shopping for Nicoles birthday party--Princess theme. Pink, pink, and more pink everywhere. I know all the Princess names now...wee
Got princess plates, cups, napkins and all that jazz. I am planning a sleepover. Party is 5:30 to 8:30 on Friday night and any kid that can't sleep over can go home,,,,then the sleepover begins. Sent out invitations so will be interesting to see how many we get to sleepover. First time sleepover so should be interesting. yikes

So asked my neighbor Dave who is contractor/refinish/remodel type guy what it would cost to paint Nicole's bathroom and put in a new vanity and light, paint her bedroom, add a ceiling fan and get new carpet. Waiting on price. I haven't done anything to that bed/bath in 15 years. If reasonable I might just hire him to spruce up those 2 rooms.

When I painted my master bath, honestly I love painting like crazy, but didn't have the patience. My patience level is gone. I am getting to not enjoy "projects" anymore. I would rather sell more soaps, make money and pay someone to do the work...lol

Got my warranty shock put on my car yesterday. It drives fine so I am not buying the other side...ok close to $300 saved there.

ok off to get a load of laundry done fast....everyone have a good day!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WAHOO
the scale dropped me 4 more lbs this week....so a total of 10 of my 12 lbs lost. I know the slow down will happen but I might go for an extra 3 lbs to make 15 lost. So only 5 more to go and that should take about 2 weeks. WEE

Dad hit the emergency room last night at 3am. Bronchitis. Couldn't breathe good so he said what the heck, the hospital has the drugs I need to breathe, so off he went. He feels 100% better this morning which is great. Got home at 6 so 3 hrs wasn't bad. Mom and Dad supposed to come over about 11 to get soaps for market etc. but Dad said Mom is still asleep...lol so they will come over around 2 today.

got alot to do today. SUN IS OUT ---SUN IS OUT---SUN IS OUT
going to take Bolt for a nice long walk around the roads here. Time to get the old body moving a bit. Hope the knee holds. It is swelled a bit. Not fixed but manageable.

Got the stupid orthopedic bill. Cost $780 and I pay $280. Not bad, not great. Heck another $280 on the payout list --:barnie--and the damn knee isn't truly fixed. :idunno

off to get some work done. gotta move today. the 4 days of rain truly slowed me down. now the sun will get my butt moving again.

everyone enjoy the day! SUN here, hope ya'll have the great SUN!
:)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Good to know the hospital fixed him up good.

Sun is shining like never before here. It was close to 80 here yesterday. I am hoping all this warm sunshine gets my veggie garden off to a great start. Last year is was fog, and glum until May.

Great to hear you are doing well on your weight loss. What are you doing? Anything special or just back to low carb and good eating?

Have a great day!!!!

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Dad is feeling good Gina--thanks
everyone loves to breathe LOL when they left here they went to CVS to get his precrips..he should be doing well fast.

went a tad lower on carbs, what I do is eat 1/2 a bagel instead of the whole one to lose weight. I just cut portion sizes on everything I eat...like mac and cheese last night I only had like 4 spoonfuls and loaded more towards veggies etc.

I will never give up carbs! I will never give up my great foods I love to eat. I can't do "diets" like Paleo, Atkins, etc. I can't ever give up dairy. It is not me. I like all foods and am going to eat them LOL I would never give up a tater HA HA

what is hard is activity. the stupid knee is just off and hurts a bit but this morning I walked Bolt about 1 1/2 miles. couldn't do much more because the darn knee was stiffing up and figured I best cut the walk shorter so I can function thru the day.

I eat all day long. I have to force breakfast cause I despise eating in the morning...but like today I had 1 egg with 1 slice bacon and cheese omlete. Lunch was 1/2 bagel with butter, small salad wtih chicken and loaded up with crunchy croutons. I love croutons in salad, I buy pumpernickel from the grocery (OMG they are fab lol)
Dinner tonight will be 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, little gravy, small steak and corn. Snack tonight will be jello and whipped cream.

I do best if I eat a good solid meal for dinner I love. If I eat a salad at dinner I starve thru the night and no telling what I might pigout on haha

for me I just know how to adapt the eating to lose weight fast. So I am lucky I got that down. But like anything, I have to be disciplined and that stinks....but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

by now my portion sizes on foods is getting me filled up. first week is hard cutting down portion sizes. but now my mind says, don't take that extra spoonful so I am feeling more at ease.

plus to lose fast I don't eat out. The other day we did and yea I gained up 2 lbs --but lost it fast back on my eating plan. Not eating out is hard cause Tony just loves to eat out. So when we do, whatever I order, when it comes, I ask for a take home box right off the bat.
I got a bacon cheeseburger and fries the other day when we went to Hickory shopping and straight off I cut the burger in 1/2....took little more than 1/2 the fries and boxed them up real fast. Lunch was yummy and enough and of course later Tony scarfed up the 1/2 I brought home --so I feed him again HAHA

A million tricks also like overload on water. Water makes me feel so good when I drink tons, I truly think my body is a water craver.

hey, thanks for asking, cause when I write this stuff down, like in this journal it sure helps me cement my way of going down the scale.

it helps to see it in writing and fuels me further to stay on track. I got so lax on my portion sizes and less farm work meant less exercise, so I truly needed to rein in the parade so to speak :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like you know what works for you. :thumbsup

It's hot as heck here today and I had to dig through my closet for a pair of capris. I fund some, size is one of my mid ones. Not skinny not way chubby either. They fit pretty well. The funny thing is I am up on the high end of my weight right now.

BUT since trying to be GF for dd we eat way less carbs than we used to. So I think my spare tire is shrinking a bit. :D

I still could loose a bunch of weight. I find as I get older it is near impossible to loose anything in my upper half. Arms, boobs, etc.. My sister says it's hereditary. :tongue Poo on that.

Maybe with summer coming and all of the activity I will be able to slim down a bit more. :idunno

I hate to admit it's not really that high on my priority list. :hide

g

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Girls and sleepovers. And so the nightmare begins. :hide

Giggles till 3 am. Someone crying cus they arent being included. Lipstick and nail polish on the carpet.

My oldest had a water baloon fight in my kitchen. I could of killed her then and there with no remorse. One of the girls slipped and fell and started crying. The noise woke me up after midnight. There was an inch of water on the floor and even my ceiling was soaked.

edited because I can not spell today.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh good gravy hillfarm...you are scaring me big time LOL

yea hopefully being a friday night, and a full school day, and the party and outside a bit to run around before dark---that 6 year olds will crap out around 12-1 (pass out I hope) LOL

water, oh wow, that is a nightmare. I will be alert now that ya scared me HAHA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Gina I hear ya on the arms. "our gals" in this family seem to always have the bigger upper arms so I do tricep curls but 'they kinda' don't help much...lol...genes like you said I guess, or I am not trying hard enough. but I let it slide...heck I can't be perfect :p :lol:

for me after losing the 70 lbs (went almost 240 to 170) I vowed I would never gain over 5-6 lbs again. When I went up the scale by 12 lbs I freaked.

My vacations are all swimming. I beach it, pool it, lake swim, etc.
My vacations are IN BATHING SUITS. Yup, that is what is keeping me at 170. being 5'8 the 170 makes me trim enough (well should say I am way comfortable enough) to walk around in my one piece bathing suit and I don't have any bad feelings about it...LOL oh yes, things jiggle a bit etc. but I can easily face the public at 170. And with my vacations being all about the bathing suit, yikes, ya know.....when I hit the higher 240 I wouldn't even put on a suit. I went to the pool and beach in shorts and t-shirt. I decided then and there if I want the vacations I want with water and a bathing suit is involved, that I would lose the weight and enjoy my free fun time. (just me of course on my relationship with my bathing suit) HA HA

So I guess my motivation to stay at 170 literally is my fun time. With the extra weight, I lose my fun time. I don't like that LOL

and for you, do what you can to lose a few lbs. no biggie, if you clean up the menu and move a bit, the lbs drop off. not as fast as if you are making it a priority, but they still come off...so in the end eating clean will give you that trimmer body anyway.

I have lost 50 lb. about 4 times in my life. YUP---gained, lost and regained and this final time I said hell no. This is my last time to ever have to lose this weight again. So it is easier to go nutso on 12 lbs, then it is to have to tackle the 70 again :rolleyes: man I don't have that in me :lol:

Plus I have great incentive in my neighbor next door. Joann was like 320 and is now 200. Lap Band. BUT the troubles with that device is horrible when trouble happens. original surgery, then tons of appts to 'inflate or deflate' the band, 2 more surgies because the port moved and caused her tons of troubles....and literally she starves her body. Her hair is so thin now. And yup she gained weight too cause the band deflated a bit to allow more food into the tummy and the more she eats the more she gains fast. Then off to dr. for readjustment and then she is back on 2 spoons of food per meal.....oh my god I could never do that to myself. I would rather have damn discipline and enjoy all my foods and know when to stop then ever to have that situation. She still says it has helped her immensely and I am so glad it works for her....but me, I could never go there ya know. So seeing her lifestyle and horrible food meals etc....makes me want to have portion control to stay trim. At least I taste life lol

So a few things have made me decide to stay at this weight and never go back to fatland :D

ahhhh it is very therapuetic to write this crap out LOL