Wahls Protocol Diet (on a budget)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is going to be a LIFESAVER!!!!! Thank you. I am excited to try this. The store bought stuff has a lot of 'extras' in them
I think it's a better choice without the stuff. Some homemade jam or syrup on top would be a yummy choice. Kids can handle more sugar than adults - insulin is needed to grow muscle. That's the extent of my knowledge on that topic, don't ask me more. :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. I wonder if that's why my insulin resistance is reduced when I exercise regularly.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I found a scratch/dent/past date grocery store in my area. It's new-ish but I never bothered to go check it out. I was happy to find some organic items, including organic produce. They weren't in the best shape, but fairly comparable to Mistfits Market items that aren't used promptly.

I found some organic (not fortified) cereal, imported (not fortified) paste - 10# of linguine for $8.99. I usually pay $3 - $5/pound for not-fortified pasta, so this one should be worth it.

I found anchovies for DS14. They were very past date so I asked the cashier if I could open a can to see if the oil was rancid. They're fine, I bought all they had left - about 10. $0.69 each, I usually pay $2.99. DS14 prefers sardines, but he will have to cope.

"Uncured" bacon, $4 each, "uncured" angus hot dogs, organic grapes, plums, blackberries, mini sweet peppers. Local maple syrup and honey. I forgot to buy watermelons.

The store is mostly junk so I was happy to find some good stuff!

Latest posts