Wahls Protocol Diet (on a budget)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Make boudain! I love it stuffed and smoked on the grill. It is also formed into balls and deep fried. I have used it to make jalapeno poppers, stuff a half jalapeno, wrap in bacon and place on the grill or cook in the oven.

Homemade Cajun Boudin Blanc Sausage Ingredients:

• 3-lbs boneless pork butt or shoulder, in large chunks
  • 1-lb pork liver
  • 3-cups raw long grain rice
  • 4-medium yellow onions, quartered
  • 2-bunches green onions, chopped
  • 1-tbsp garlic, finely minced
  • 4-tbsp parsley, finely chopped
  • 2-tbsp salt
  • 1-tbsp cayenne pepper
  • 2-tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2-tsp white pepper

Homemade Cajun Boudin Blanc Sausage Instructions

• Place the pork and pork liver in separate saucepans, cover with water, then bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat, skim and simmer until tender, about 1 hour Cook the rice.
  • Remove the cooked pork and liver and let cool Discard the stocks.
  • Put the pork, liver and onions through a meat grinder with a coarse grind.
  • Transfer the mixture to a large bowl or meat mixer and mix in the green onions, garlic, parsley, cooked rice and seasonings.
  • Stuff into sausage hog casings with a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for your meat grinder.
https://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/sausage-recipes.html

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The diet is egg-free because the author is allergic to eggs. I intend to continue eating eggs. Actually to eat more eggs. :)

I will be changing my garden up to suit this WOE! I'm planning on growing more chard and canning it. Freezing spinach/leafy greens mix. Kale chips maybe. I'm not a big fan of dehydrated or "chip" kale.

Frozen spinach is economical, but I haven't found a way to prepare it that I find appetizing. I should cook some up with bacon fat. I loved eating chard cooked that way. Chard isn't as slimy as spinach though. I like spinach in a cream sauce, but this is supposed to be dairy free. I may fudge that a little bit and include dairy fats - cream and butter.

I have my Baker Creek catalog so I'm going to look through and pick some new leafy green varieties.

You beat me to liver. I was planning to post earlier, but, distractions.

Boiling frozen or canned spinach is about all you can do with it and it's not bad with a little ACV ovor top of it that way.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Make boudain! I love it stuffed and smoked on the grill. It is also formed into balls and deep fried. I have used it to make jalapeno poppers, stuff a half jalapeno, wrap in bacon and place on the grill or cook in the oven.

Homemade Cajun Boudin Blanc Sausage Ingredients:

• 3-lbs boneless pork butt or shoulder, in large chunks
  • 1-lb pork liver
  • 3-cups raw long grain rice
  • 4-medium yellow onions, quartered
  • 2-bunches green onions, chopped
  • 1-tbsp garlic, finely minced
  • 4-tbsp parsley, finely chopped
  • 2-tbsp salt
  • 1-tbsp cayenne pepper
  • 2-tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2-tsp white pepper

Homemade Cajun Boudin Blanc Sausage Instructions

• Place the pork and pork liver in separate saucepans, cover with water, then bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat, skim and simmer until tender, about 1 hour Cook the rice.
  • Remove the cooked pork and liver and let cool Discard the stocks.
  • Put the pork, liver and onions through a meat grinder with a coarse grind.
  • Transfer the mixture to a large bowl or meat mixer and mix in the green onions, garlic, parsley, cooked rice and seasonings.
  • Stuff into sausage hog casings with a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for your meat grinder.
https://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/sausage-recipes.html

Can I come and stay with you all for a while? I'm not handsome but I am pretty handy and I've been told I'm a pretty nice guy also.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Spinach with cream cheese is delish - but I'm thinking the Wahls diet is dairy free....
It is dairy free, and I'll do a dairy elimination in January. I'm reeeeeeeallly hoping I'm okay when reintroducing dairy!! I hope to at least be able to use cream and butter long term.

ALDI unsweetened vanilla almondmilk is not bad!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My kids pediatrician said if you stop consuming dairy you lose the ability to process it...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goat milk contains an enzyme to help process the lactose (cause of most milk issues) and it is destroyed with pasteurization. Thus, raw milk can often be digested when some can't. One reason goat milk is sometimes tolerable to many when cow milk is not.

Instead of sausage, that mixture sounds like great stuffing for green peppers and/or zucchini halves.

Latest posts