Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well she gets to go to work with me tomorrow...we're feeding about 800 people...surely there's another cute boy on the planet. First job for her, I'm excited to see how well she does. Growing up is so hard. She will be worn out by the end of the day! After work we are killing zombies with paintball guns lol! She's excited about that.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Big client, 800 is conservative figure actually. And she isn't getting shot, we are shooting the zombies! And the boy craze is over. He asked for sex. Shot down. Game over. Have I told y'all lately how beautiful and smart my wonderful little niece is? Well, she is, very much so. And I'm glad we have that kind of relationship that she actually seeks my guidance with such issues. It stinks to go it alone without a sounding board. But these kids y'all...seriously...13 and having to decline such invitations...jeez I'm afraid for the future...but I trust her to make correct decisions and so far...we have a great track record there. Thank you Jesus! Amen! And goodnight!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's hard to grow up, be a teen, especially nowadays… The things kids get up to is just plain scary. But she's in good hands with you and seems to have a sensible head on her shoulders.

I'm so glad she has you and that you have such a great relationship!

:hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Me too! She's smart! This hit her pretty hard emotionally. We are continuing to discuss it. I've told her respect is necessary in any relationship whether it be friendship, romantic, even business relationships and asked if she thought that boy really had any respect for her....harsh reality is he doesn't...which opened the door for me to tell her she's going to have to look deeper than appearances to find someone to love and be loved, and there's no rush because she will encounter a bunch of frogs before she finds her prince. Bless her. I do not envy her. I remember how I saw the world at her age, and it was not what I thought it'd be either. Life is hard. I hope she continues to grow slowly and doesn't get in any all fired rush to "adult " too soon.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I had an aunt like you when I was her age! Having an adult that will talk honestly and be supportive.... Is about the best thing any teenage girl can have. You're doing a fantastic job!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I wish I had an aunt like you when I was her age! Having an adult that will talk honestly and be supportive.... Is about the best thing any teenage girl can have. You're doing a fantastic job!
x2 This ^^

She is so lucky to have you. Teenage years are challenging, all the decisions, pressures, hormones… It's wonderful to have someone to talk with about the stuff and wonderful that you two have the kind of relationship that enables her to as well!