Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Lol! Ireland sounds lovely right now.
I'd say it is, except it's bleeding cold (for us), but you're used to colder weather! The only thing that gets me in winter here is the short days. 04:30pm sun set, it's getting dark quickly. I went out at 05:15 and looked up and saw stars in the sky.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ditto that - On weekdays its dark when I go feed in the mornings and it's dark when I go feed in the evenings. I'd like to see my critters in daylight more than two days a week!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My hens are frustrated by the short days, I can tell. They came to the back door a few times, wanting to come in, when it started getting dark. They could see the light on inside (it's a glass door). Poor things have little outside time at the moment.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm just tired. When one thing gets better something else explodes as soon as I take a deep breath. Now it's family crap since the house is fixed. I'm about to go Madea on some asses for Christmas. My niece is upset. My parents won't let her come open her gifts from me till who knows when because they're at my boyfriends house, which bugs me to death, but then they INVITED THEMSELVES OVER to sit and watch her open those gifts and then take her back home...where I'm not welcome because my sister is coming. I have not wished anyone dead yet. It's very difficult to push that thought out of my mind and keep it out. My life would improve without some people in it, and they WON'T just go away on their own. And no, I'm not speaking in homicidal terms, I just honestly wish they'd disappear. I'm pissed. I'm beyond the point of them ever being able to hurt me again, and they know this, and so they use my niece to get to me. So. Is it really that horrible to think how much better life would be if they say...got lost forever in a blizzard, or maybe bumped their head and got amnesia and wandered off and I ignore all the flyers and bulletins to reclaim their sorry asses, or maybe they just decide to skip town or somehow fall into a situation requiring them to be in the witness protection program because believe me I would NOT go looking for them...I mean is that really a horrible thought? Does that make me a bad person? Maybe they're right. Maybe I AM THE PROBLEM....#^!%¥*<!}£~%

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh heck no, you aren't the problem. Pretty sure that award goes to the addict and the codependent enablers. Grrr. Holidays are hard with family drama. :hugs

And nope, not a bad person. I feel so sorry for your niece.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Take a deep breath and leave them to karma :hugs Easier said than done, I know, but know you are a wonderful person and you are not a problem at all, expect maybe in that you are a good person and a-holes tend to have a problem with good people ;) Take care of you hey and that lovely niece of yours. Some day and that day cannot come soon enough, she'll be out of that mess herself.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Forward movement began today. Thank you Jesus! Credit card paid off, car insurance paid till June, final electric bill mailed in, last Christmas present purchased, Roth IRA investment account...well not started because the rules changed 6 months ago, but research began. I had to close my retirement out when I divorced in order to keep the house in hopes now that it will repay me for that struggle and I MISS IT! My personal finances have taken a major hit the last few years and I'm looking to get back on track with all of that. So anywho....I'm working on it, one tiny little step at a time.