Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey, did they have a special alter call for criminals!??!!?

ha ha ha ha ha

well sorry about the ticket but i would have laughed too! i bet that cop thought you were a crazy person

:)
:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
DH convinced me to try to talk my way out of a speeding ticket a few years ago. I didn't want to...I was speeding, after all. Not on purpose, just didn't see the sign on an unfamiliar road. I went, dressed up, and easily got the ticket canceled. The place was mobbed with people in t-shirts and jeans. No one else got their ticket canceled. Hint-hint. Wear a dress. Even if you have to borrow one. (My judge was a woman, it had nothing to do with that....)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
freemotion said:
DH convinced me to try to talk my way out of a speeding ticket a few years ago. I didn't want to...I was speeding, after all. Not on purpose, just didn't see the sign on an unfamiliar road. I went, dressed up, and easily got the ticket canceled. The place was mobbed with people in t-shirts and jeans. No one else got their ticket canceled. Hint-hint. Wear a dress. Even if you have to borrow one. (My judge was a woman, it had nothing to do with that....)
I doubt that would work out here in the sticks, I'd do better wearing overalls and carrying a plug of tobacco in the bib pocket. :sick :lol:

Although.........

:lol: The officers name badge said Love...I thought...Officer Love sounds like a stripper, then DH said "Did you see his name" to which I replied..."shut-up honey, that's not nice." :gig

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Around here that would be a fix-it ticket. You just go into the police station and show them that you fixed the poblem and you're done. Ask me how I know :p :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Around here that would be a fix-it ticket. You just go into the police station and show them that you fixed the poblem and you're done. Ask me how I know :p :lol:
Yep, basically same here :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have one better! A few years ago my DH forgot to renew my registration. When I realized it, I headed right off to DMV to renew it. He wanted me to take his car, but I refused. I have problems w/my right leg from a car accident, and cannot drive most cars. I was about a mile from DMV when I was pulled over. It didn't matter to him that I had everything all filled out, he gave me a ticket anyway. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper. Then, I had to get grief from my hubby for the ticket. This was only the 2nd ticket that I've EVER gotten in my life. I couldn't tell you how many tickets he's gotten, and he had the nerve to get on my case?!

Last year, our daughter was ticketed for the same thing. But, the cop made her park. Wouldn't you know that this year once again, he forgot to renew her registration? I never have that problem anymore cuz I do my own now. I get the truck, trailer and my motorcycle all renewed at the same time, and my license if needed.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well tonight wasn't much better going to church...we got LOST and just rode around for over an hour looking for the church we were supposed to be visiting with our other church folk tonight :/ We wound up just coming home and getting ready for Monday :p *sigh* Tomorrow MUST be going to be better! We shall see...we really shall see........

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
:lol: :gig I am SOOOO stupid! I got a TICKET...on the way to CHURCH! ROFL!!! We were running late and I had to get change for a $100 to have the correct ammounts to pay tithe and to put in the Operation Christmas Child boxes for shipping. DH had just let it out his mouth that we were going to be late...next thing I know blue lights...huh?!?! So I look at DH and say..Jason...what did you do? LOL! I thought for a second they were trying to get around, I wasn't speeding, nor did I have my DL on me for the first time in...since I can even remember! :he

So I pull over. I'm laughing, can't help it...it's funny..cop comes up, and asked for liscence and proof of insurance, luckily I know my name and DL number :lol: so I give him my info, and DH pulls out his insurance card...yadda yadda. Turns out my tags have been expired since JUNE! :lol: I got me a nice little pink ticket :D

Funniest part is...I go to church with the Chief of police and the Sargeant...do you think either of them ever noticed and told me my tags were out?!?!?! Uh....NO! Oh they got it from me when I got to church!! LOL! They are probably STILL laughing at me!

We did make it on time, but just barely :p :bun :bun I'm a criminal now though :lol:

court date December 3rd, y'all pray I don't get in any more trouble between now and then and maybe they won't throw the book at me ;)You are not really a criminal until you are convicted, Innocent until proven guilty remember? The great majority of our traffic crimes never go to court. If you did it and will plead quilty, you just mail back the ticket along with a GOOD check. Saves a lot of time and effort for everybody. The Officer doesn't have to appea rso he can be patroling at the Donut shop or even out on the road writting more tickets. The DA doesn't have to review the case and the Judge doesn't have to hear the same old excuses that he had heard 1000 times before. If you think you are innocent you can have your day in court. but the court costs are usually 3 to 10 times what the fine would have been and you pay court costs if you lose on even one count( it sounds like they got you on three counts, speeding, not having your liscence with you and the expired tag. Very few people fight traffic tickets here unless the conviction would result in loss of liscence or loss of job (Truckers need a clean record to hold or get a job here. Good luck! there is always a chance that the judge will take notice of your clean record and let you off with only a warning.~gd
Oh, and church...was AWESOME, those of you who don't go should really try it...they even let criminals come to church!!! :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
gd They only got me for expired registration. He didn't say anything nor is the ticket for anything about not having DL on me. I just gave him my name and DL number and he was fine with that. And uh...I wasn't speeding. I was late, but didn't say I was speeding ;)

P.S. I was mostly being facetious about being a "criminal" though I am guilty...the tag IS out, and I am going to get it tomorrow. They'll likely throw it out when I go before the judge. That's general practice around here.

Latest posts