Weather Forecast--WHAT THE????

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Will it burn, FC? We will gladly drag the stuff out there if it will burn in the falling snow.

I was afraid it would be like trying to do it in the rain.

We have a bunch of chestnuts in the freezer that I got from my CSA. Hmm, bonfire, chestnuts...
will it burn?

hmm..how much gas you got on hand.....no, kidding, just wait til the weather is truly right for a big old bonfire. Here at the farm we can make anything burn...and burn big..hahaha

you know also call your local landfill etc. I believe they have pickup for big things like couchs you can't handle to unload. worth a shot for you

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Here at the farm we can make anything burn...and burn big..hahaha
aint that right!!!

dang! the best thing about living in the country is a big ol' burn pile! whoot! we've had some that they probably could have seen from the international space station!!!

burn baby burn! if ya dont have gas use kerosene!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
dang! the best thing about living in the country is a big ol' burn pile! whoot! we've had some that they probably could have seen from the international space station!!!
That was YOU?????

Earlier this year, while the nephew was still here, on a Friday night, we set fire to a burn pile that had scrap wood, an old mattress spring, etc etc.... We wanted that thing burned down and gone before E had his surgery.

Used to have this crotchety old neighbor who just couldn't mind his own dag-goned business. Well, when they put their house in next door, they pushed a bunch of brush and tires and some things that a person shouldn't burn (and might possibly explode...)....

So, they never did burn that pile...he went to his Maker and she moved out and sold the house.

New neighbors...young inlove engaged kids... they started out so quiet you never knew they were there WOOT! good neighbors! (except the whole coon dog escaping and scoping out my chicken pens, he met the dog warden!)

So, we set fire to our pile early June. Right after, they're having a party... about 30 people over there and they're racing dune buggies and 4 wheelers around and around and around their back yard.....that's almost no grass mind you so all the dust is flying can't see their house anymore, can barely breathe from the dust!

They're drinking! they're really getting toasted, ya know???

It's almost dark, and our fire is burning burning burning pretty good, and we're standing out there shovels in hand just in case ya know?

Well, apparantly our fire gave these kids the idea to set fire to the pile left by the previous owners, except these kids shoved MORE crap on the pile....that pile stood taller than my 6 ft hubby...and they lit it!!

they didn't even know what all was in that pile and they lit it! and they threw gas on it!! next thing ya know, people are screaming "it's too high it's too high" drunken idiots and a bonfire. The flames were shooting higher than their pretty little double wide's roof.

Anyway, it didn't go anywhere, thank the lord, but it sure burned near half of forever and we thought for sure the fire department would be out.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK we burned it and it was amazing.

It was warmer outside than inside so we took chairs out and ate out there. I never had snow falling into my dinner before. When we were done we tossed our chairs on the fire.

We wont' be able to do stuff like this in the city, so we should enjoy it while we can.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hikerchick said:

It was warmer outside than inside so we took chairs out and ate out there. I never had snow falling into my dinner before. When we were done we tossed our chairs on the fire.

We wont' be able to do stuff like this in the city, so we should enjoy it while we can.
isnt it superfun!!!?!?? yay!

next thing ya know, people are screaming "it's too high it's too high" drunken idiots and a bonfire
hee hee hee..i was laughing so hard at this i knocked the cat off my lap.. whoot!!! now thats MY kinda fun!

seriously we've had some dillies... the pre-1970's carpet goes like a like a flame thrower!! whoooot!!!

and then....later that week, us standing around looking at that now-scared ancient maple explainin' to the MIL:

"um.. geez.. i dunno what happened to the tree...golly that is a lot of dead leaves.... maybe it was some kind of parasite???" he and me laughing hysterically as she drove away completely unconvinced thats what happened to the tree....

heehee hee hee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hikerchick said:

WOW you went super-nova redneck---I am proud!!!!

that sounds like quite a cool adventure and burning hte chairs when done is wild! :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
They've posted a winter storm watch starting tomorrow afternoon, I think that's a bit earlier now than they were predicting. We had heard after 8 pm tomorrow night. We'll see!
I'll let you know when it starts here. Won't be long now!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We've had some doozies, too! I was 6 mos preggers with baby #4, and we set our pile up to a blaze. We learned real fast the green does burn.

Took every last drop of water we had on hand to put it out, plus beating like mad with shovels!

When the fil caught his front yard on fire, i grabbed his garden hose and earned myself the nickname of "the fire dept" from the family.

Gave him a good screaming lecture over that one.

Ernie's smart enough not to start a fire and then leave home. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Here at the farm we can make anything burn...and burn big..hahaha
aint that right!!!

burn baby burn! if ya dont have gas use kerosene!
WA HOO
YE HAW

you ain't kidding------Tony pused over a ton of trees and such to clear pasture land and made the monster pile.....oh wow we lighted up the county...and set the woods on fire. Tony tried to put it out but it keep jumping ahead of him....he ended up in emergency from smoke inhale and the fire dept. handled it. LOL What a day that was---and that pile smoldered for weeks.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
...and set the woods on fire. Tony tried to put it out but it keep jumping ahead of him....he ended up in emergency from smoke inhale and the fire dept. handled it. LOL What a day that was---and that pile smoldered for weeks.
thats what i'm talking about!! The Big Man lived in terror when we lived at the old farm. they had crops on all sides of the house and he was CONVINCED that i'd burn down the rentee farmer's crops! hee hee hee

so far sooo good for us - we havent had to call the department. yet. i did have a grass fire or two that got kinda out of hand... hee hee hee shhhh.. dont tell!

Latest posts