Weather

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're so foggy and overcast that I don't think we will get up to the forecasted 61. At 42 degrees now, 100% humidity.
100% humidity here too. We are projected to get severe storms with up to 80 mph winds and potential tornadoes tonight. Praying we stay safe, we keep power and it passes quickly.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
100% humidity here too. We are projected to get severe storms with up to 80 mph winds and potential tornadoes tonight. Praying we stay safe, we keep power and it passes quickly.
Wow! My sister is in CO. She said they had 50 mph sustained winds with 90 mph gusts. She was missing her morning walk to the coffee shop!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Are you prepping? I'm going to refill my water jugs to make sure they're fresh. It has been a couple months since I last checked them.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Are you prepping? I'm going to refill my water jugs to make sure they're fresh. It has been a couple months since I last checked them.
Yep, ready to go. Bags packed with stuffies and snacks and clothes. Generator all ready and gassed up. Water is checked. Nervous, yep! Ready, yep!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yep, ready to go. Bags packed with stuffies and snacks and clothes. Generator all ready and gassed up. Water is checked. Nervous, yep! Ready, yep!
We have generator and gas, and wood stove so we won't freeze. I need to toss winter gear in a laundry basket to take downstairs if we need it. Mostly because DS14 panics and will start running around doing nonsense things.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh my - Hope it's not as bad as it's forecast to be. Ya'll please stay safe!
it sounds like it's weakening. My sis had 50 mph winds and 90 mph gusts this morning. We're expecting 30 mph winds with 60-65 gusts (earlier weather statements said 80 mph). It's the tornado risk that has me nervous. I've never been particularly comfortable with storms, but 2 tornadoes in 2 miles in 2 years has really put me over the edge to storm anxiety. I act like someone who was raised in Oklahoma. :gig

Radar shows a wide swath. Bummer. Most of the times storms break up around us and skate by north or south - or both. This one doesn't look like it might. yet? It's about 3 hours away now.

ETA: I just checked again, the radar forecast has changed. If it dips a little south (like 10 miles) we might miss the red bands. :fl

Latest posts