Weather

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I just got the call from both schools too! And no after school activities, so no drama! Now, how long until the fighting begins ;)

Stay safe everyone!
Today is a test of how satisfied DS6 is with discarding 3 more bags of toys yesterday. 7 bags total to goodwill and 2 trash, in 3 days.

All of his hot wheels sets are gone. (Whew). he has the idea that getting rid of a toy causes a new toy to arrive. He wants a toy he saw on amazon. He is going to be disappointed! 😬

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter .... just a note that although you do not go on the sister site BYH much, reading about you setting these posts made me think that you might understand a little more about how the farmers get hit with a blow they don't expect. In my journal, farmerjan's journal - weather , the latest few posts are on the disaster we had this week at our pregnancy check. Long story short, the bull must have gotten injured and he got 6 of over 30 bred right at the beginning, then is shooting blanks since then. When a farmer gets hit with something like that it is a real blow... looking at over 20,000 in lost income next year when the supposedly bred cows had their calves and they would be sold late next year.... now there won't be any calves... and breeding them now will result in a loss of time of over 9 months just getting the calves on the ground... so basically a years lost income.
I realize that everyone here is a much smaller, homestead type operation.... but please understand that we work our tails off and work full time jobs so that we can eventually retire to just farming... and a set back like this can make or break a farmer.... proportionally of any size.
Your cattle looked good in one of the last posts I saw.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not much snow here left on the ground at all other than some small piles of now ice and some icy patches that used to be puddles. snow forecast for tonight 3 inches or so. good as i'd like to shovel some snow tomorrow. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a coating of ice now. DW is in full "Mississippi Ice Storm" mode. Has said 3 times in 10 minutes "if the wind picks up, the pine tree tops will snap off".

Good thing I love her
Last night ice on one of our maple trees. We had a power outage but only for about an hour. I suspect it was a tree limb somewhere on the main line that tripped a transformer. But IDK for certain only a guess...
IMG_20220224_214115687.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love when we get trees like this, they are so pretty. But power outages are no fun.
Crepe myrtles are not fun when they ice up, it's the sound of constant cracking with the slightest breeze, I don't like.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts