Weather

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We wound up getting about 6 inches from late Sat night and it snowed until around noontime on Sunday. Temps hovered around 32-35... a fine snow but it really covered everything. Picture perfect "Currier and Ives" picture Sunday. No wind or anything. But the temps dropped Sunday night and it went to 16, and today it barely hit 38 on the recording thermometer and there was a breeze. It just felt cold. Little melting here. Down to 20 already, so no melting until tomorrow. Temps supposed to get in the 40's tomorrow. Warmer Wed and then warm (60's) on Thursday but RAIN... in the 1-2 inch amounts.... That'll be a mess with the ground still pretty hard.
Talk about a yo-yo .

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think you are right! They moved us into the 6+ range, most of it to start this evening after dinner. I do see a few flakes here and there though already. The wind is already up there and cutting like a knife. I hope you are on the 3 inch side of things.
Maybe no luck. current forecast is 7 - 11 inches. Sounds, well, exciting... if you have nowhere to go and the power stays on and you don't have to plow a driveway. :lol:

We might get a snow day out of this?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am hoping a late start if anything-I don't want to drive in it before the sun comes up.

and yes--if I had nowhere to go, the power would stay on (gotta double check the gas in the generator tonight), and I didn't have to plow (or at least shovel some) the driveway. Our driveway is so big and DH will be at work before I get up AND the plow always makes it so deep at the end.
School is cancelled. :celebrate

I won't like it tomorrow, but but sounds good now.