Weather

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our 3 - 6" turned into 1". Snow fleas have arrived. Spring: bring it on. I started cleaning off my plant shelves today, getting ready for 2020 seedlings. Seriously toying with the idea of doing some winter sowing.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Snowing hard right now

Need one of these yet? Guaranteed to scare the bejesus out of any animal.
012409_snow_3.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We actually did not get as much accumulation as warned. Had more rain than predicted. Only about an inch on the ground.

50 miles to the west at work, though...

20200213_122132.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Um... You just might change your mind when every snow storm results in TONS of snow that have to be removed by hand. You just might change your mind when it's so cold out that your nose hairs freeze. You just might change your mind when you move those tons of snow, only to have the wind whip them back in to cover every path with deep drifts. You just might change your mind when you pay $35.00 to have the driveway plowed. And half an hour later, the town plow comes by and fills in the end of your driveway with a 3' deep pile of combing. You just might change your mind, when it cost $35 to clear the driveway with every storm, and some storms require the yard to be plowed twice. You just might change your mind when you have to go out in the middle of the night, in a blizzard to knock the snow off the chicken's sun room roof so it doesn't collapse.

In spite of all that. I love living in Maine, and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In spite of all that. I love living in Maine, and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

OK for you - not something I'd do or like. Of course, that is why I stay where I am. RFLOL

NOT a snow bunny, not me.

I am OK -- actually I am thrilled -- with no more than a couple flakes mixed with rain one day this winter. I'm ok with 31 this morning and sunshine. I'll just grumble on the colder days and feel grateful for no NEED to plow snow.

DelcoMama82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Um... You just might change your mind when every snow storm results in TONS of snow that have to be removed by hand. You just might change your mind when it's so cold out that your nose hairs freeze. You just might change your mind when you move those tons of snow, only to have the wind whip them back in to cover every path with deep drifts. You just might change your mind when you pay $35.00 to have the driveway plowed. And half an hour later, the town plow comes by and fills in the end of your driveway with a 3' deep pile of combing. You just might change your mind, when it cost $35 to clear the driveway with every storm, and some storms require the yard to be plowed twice. You just might change your mind when you have to go out in the middle of the night, in a blizzard to knock the snow off the chicken's sun room roof so it doesn't collapse.

Well yeah, that’s excessive. I don’t live as far north as you. But snow here and there is our usual in the winter. Having 2-3 feet of snow lingering around until March is what we’re used to.
Not much last year, and so far 1 dusting which melted immediately this year. I don’t need Maine level winters, just a Pennsylvania winter would be nice.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wild couple of days.....lake effect snow.... over a foot about 20 miles to the north. Lake effect snow warning through Saturday

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So glad that system went south of us! we did have colder temps - in the low 20's for a high. But I will take that over having to move snow - again.

Hurry up Spring!!!