Welcome to the MeSSy Kitchen Club! Are you a member?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I am Muriel (aka Britesea). I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club

My favorite kitchen tool is My set of Cutco kitchen knives

My most helpful appliance is the dehydrator

My most shameful habit is not getting all the dishes done before I fall into bed at night (so glad to know I'm not alone in this!)

My best kitchen cleaning tip is putting things away as soon as you are done with them -- don't do as I do--- do as I say! ;)

My perfect kitchen would be bigger, with more counter space, a big old fashioned walk-in pantry with room for the freezer and refridgerator, easy access to the cold cellar, and a brick oven.
Tankshill-- my MIL used to say she wanted a house that flushes, lol

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Bimpnottin said:
I am Traci aka Bimpnottin. I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

My perfect kitchen would include my double wall convection ovens, my 6-burner gas stovetop, my dishwasher. Oh wait, I have those already from when we remodeled the house a few years ago. :celebrate
You lucky ducky!! :cool: I am loving these confessions!

You all ARE getting that the SS in MeSSy is to stand for Sufficient Self aren't you?
I got it! I love my ovens. I have 6 racks between them, and last year, the neighbor and I cranked out 25 dozen cutout cookies in a little over 2 hours.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I am DrakeMaiden. I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

Sadly, my kitchen is never as clean as I'd like in the spring and summer when I am busy in the garden. Add to that this past year of having a baby and it is agonizing. I never realized how much of a neat freak I really am, until the day I realized I couldn't nest my stainless steel bowls properly when putting them away anymore . . . I just had to throw them in the cupboard and call it good. :hit The only way my dishes get done is when someone else is around to help me, or with my boy crying at me from his play pen. I am now doing dishes at least 2-3 times a day. :th I used to save them for mornings, because that is when my brain is groggy (so mind-numbing tasks are welcome) and my body is rested (less clumsy).

My favorite kitchen tool is my immersion blender. Great for making mayonnaise. Indispensable for some soup recipes. Worked great for baby purees.

My most helpful appliance is my espresso machine. Cannot face the morning without it. :caf

My most shameful habit is not cleaning the floor very often. I don't cook on the floor, so I tend to let it go. :hide

My best kitchen cleaning tip is if you have hot soapy water and you have finished cleaning your dishes or whatnot, clean one or two more things until the suds are used up . . . that is the only way I can make progress on decluttering/cleaning.

My perfect kitchen would include tile "backsplash" wall and more stainless steel surfaces, maybe near the stove so that I can use it when I am canning. I like my kitchen a lot, but it always seems too small to me. Ideally . . . wouldn't it be nice to have an outdoor kitchen just steps away from your indoor kitchen, so you could can or bake bread out there on hot days?

I can't wait to read what everyone else said.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Maybe even a freezer, but I'm trying to learn how to live without one.
Maybe a freezer? Oh my goodness I have two BIG freezers PLUS the one in the fridge. How do you ever live without one??

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
We have the small freezer over the fridge. No big freezers though. Our ancestors didn't have freezers, and I've seen what happens when the power goes out for those who do. So, one of my goals is to figure out a way to do without them. :)
I currently have two freezers: a chest freezer with a side of beef, and a standup freezer (mostly convenience foods for DS18) with some remains of the side of hog I got last year. I'm going for the whole hog this year. Woot. I like having a freezer. I have a generator with gas (using STABIL) to back it up if we have a short-term power outtage (we could probably go 10 days if we had to). I also prefer to can or dehydrate things so they're shelf stable. I like canning because, I don't need to add water, which might be a precious resource if TSHTF. I do dehydrate though for some things, like dried apple snacks - things that won't need rehydrating to be usable.

Latest posts