Welcome to the MeSSy Kitchen Club! Are you a member?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok I'll answer questions later, but for now...

I am Quail_Antwerp. I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

And right now it's not a mess due to SS related cooking - but because I've been laid up healing from a c-section and apparantly I'm the only one irritated by the way my kitchen is looking this week. :hide

No one cleans my kitchen like I do. :hide

I just wish they'd wash the pans ONCE this week :rant

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Debbie...aka:justusnak...and I have a messy kitchen.
It is so nice to know I am no alone in this world. That I have friends that suffer from the same ailment that I have. Someone to talk to, and share ideas with...someone who will not look down on me if they come over, and last nights canning evidence is still on the stove.
My kitchen is small...barely any counter space, and during harvest, that small space is occupied with assorted veggies, waiting their transformation into a pantry item. Sometimes there is a carton of eggs, waiting for others to join them in the incubator.
My favorite kitchen item, is my Bunn coffee maker...I don't know how I lived my life before I got this item.
My worst habit...leaving dishes in the drainer to "dry" overnight. Hey, i am trying to save on the laundry! ( thats my story and I am sticking to it)
My dream kitchen would be nice wood, painted floors, at least 12 ft of countertop, room for a small kitchen table for canning and processing...and of course a wood burning cook stove with 2 rockers nearby for warming myself in the mornings.....and resting while the canner is going. ( and a visit from the dish fairy every evening) ;)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You go Karen. Still early here. Just me and the dog up. I'm not moving yet.

Aly, when I was laid up with my c section my Dh actually called me at the hospital and asked how to start the dishwasher. :smack

G

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to admit I don't mind my messy kitchen. To me, it's "homey" :D and looks like it's being enjoyed. There's a difference between messy and dirty... mine's just messy - always a "project" in progress. I keep my countertops wiped down, and the dogs keep the floor spotless, so I'm good to go!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm Marianne, and a member of the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

I'm still doin' the hillbilly kitchen thing here, so even when it's 'clean' it still looks messy. 'Nuff said, I can't see embarassing myself too much. :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
:bow Here, here for stainless.

My Dh says next time he builds a house its going to be tile with a floor drain.

Wouldn't that be nice.

G
While off the subject of kitchens for a bit - I want a floor drain in that wasted corner behind the toilet in each bathroom as well! Ahh a floor that you can clean with a pressure washer and a squeegee! :cool:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Camper kitchens and vacation kitchens are easy to clean. When I am on vacation I usually don't have a PROJECT in the works. ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
JRmom said:
I have to admit I don't mind my messy kitchen. To me, it's "homey" :D and looks like it's being enjoyed. There's a difference between messy and dirty... mine's just messy - always a "project" in progress. I keep my countertops wiped down, and the dogs keep the floor spotless, so I'm good to go!
A truer statement was never made!

We here on SS have a hyper awareness of germs, bad bacteria vs good probiotics, and true dirt. We couldn't can, preserve, ferment, make cheese, and still survive without it!

I wear my messy kitchen as a badge! No need to be shy.

The reason I have 5 big kettles in my sink and a MeSSy Kitchen is that I have raised, prepared and preserved enough wholesome natural food to feed my family for months. Can those "normal" people, with clean kitchens and busily microwaving their frozen dinners, hold up their head proudly and say that?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hello - My Name is Wanda and I am a Messy Kitchen Member.

My favorite kitchen tool: That depends on what I am doing. If I am baking bread its my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. If I am dehydrating its my dehydrater. See how I am. Wishy Washy. No wonder my kitchen is a mess

My most helpful appliance: Hands down its the dishwasher.

My Most USEFUL appliance: Vacuum Sealer

My most shameful habit: OMG - I have to pick one? I guess my worst habit is I never completely finish anything. Half the floor gets mopped and the dryer buzzer goes off, run to grab my clothes out of the dryer so they won't wrinkle and I forget what I was doing. Wipeing counter tops off and decide the kitchen window needs to be cleaned, get the step stool and start, the phone rings, while talking on the phone, start washing the few dishes that I don't put in the dishwasher, etc, etc, etc.

My best kitchen cleaning tip is: Go to another room or outside. You can't see any of that mess from there. :gig

My perfect kitchen would include: A chef, a maid and a helper. But that is wishful thinking. My real dream kitchen would be larger and better laid out. (my small kitchen now does not have much counter space and storage is at a bare minimum, plus the layout leaves a lot to be desired). However, the house was built by a single father trying to stick build a house for himself and 2 boys. There was no contractor and little help. So I try not to complain since it took him 2 years of working all day at his job and then half the night building this house.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I am framing fowl. I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

My favorite kitchen tools are my cuisart food processor and all of my cast iron. Cast iron is used daily and food processor is used almost daily.

My most helpful appliance is my new long neck faucet! I wish I had a deep basin sink but this has done wonders in the meantime!

My most shameful habit is my tendency to start too many projects at once. I overwhelm myself sometimes which takes the joy out of the adventure.

My best kitchen cleaning tip is to do the flylady method of cleaning the sink. I don't wipe down every night and I don't finish washing the dishes every night either but that initial deep cleaning has done wonders.

My perfect kitchen would include a cold storage room, plenty of counterspace, a pantry with dedicated room for each appliance, fewer cupboards, deep sinks, stainless steel movable prep table, an outdoor prep area with sink, and a big picture window overlooking the fruit orchard down the drive.