Welcome to the MeSSy Kitchen Club! Are you a member?

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
did anyone ask for a self cleaning kitchen? Thats my ideal kitchen, well that and one that comes with a cook and masseuse and earns me money...... I could go on but Im just dreaming... ahh.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, I too belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club.

My favorite kitchen tool is : my double-crockpot. And my big one. And my single crockpot. Okay, I love my crockpots!

My most shameful habit is : I hate to clean. I leave the dishes in the sink until I have enough for a load in the dishwasher.

My best kitchen cleaning tip : yeah, right.

My perfect kitchen would include : room for a table to sit/eat at. Would help when doing big projects. More space. More pantry shelves. Oh, and that self-cleaning kitchen mentioned above!

Clarify:
I may hate to clean, but I do it. My family doesn't eat old food, or clean grapes with a used colandar, or make a sandwich on a bare and dirty counter. There are always plenty of clean utensils in my kitchen (of course, I have to hide the knives still from my kid). And the dining area is just off the kitchen so it's not a huge stretch ... just difficult to sit and do another project while waiting for milk to reach the rite temp for cheesemaking.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Matthew, tell us how you really feel. :p

By the way don't give up dishwasher space for jars. When you get hooked on collecting them the space will never be big enough. I have 3, 2 x 4 x 6 foot solves full. :hide

By the way I love your vision for a kitchen. Except for the western window. My house has a west facing kitchen. It bites.

G
:D I have really started giving this some serious thought. Especially since I have some interesting new plans for my life which I will expand upon in my journal in a minute.
Since we live in a trailer we have both east and west facing windows :D It's great having that western window especially when it's warm out and the sun is shining. I can have the swamp cooler going in the living room, but as long as I cover the windowsill with the curtains I can use that window to help my bread dough rise in the afternoons :D
Yeah, I agree on the dishwasher. It's great for washing large batches of jars at once. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Since Colowyo jumped in, I will too.

I am FarmerJamie and I belong to the MeSSy Kitchen Club (actually this house has a group membership).

Our favorite kitchen tool is are the knives we got from a local company that sells ex-restaurant cutlery. Easy to keep sharp, were very inexpensive.

Our most helpful appliance is the food processor, it dices, it slices, it purees. The kids can use it to help in food prep.

Our most shameful habit is rarely rinsing dishes out/off before the food dries up. (Unless dad pitches a fit or directs the activity of cleanup).

My best kitchen cleaning tip when cooking/baking/canning, keep things cleaned up as you go. Makes for a smaller overall mess at the end. I loathe seeing a sink stacked full of a dirty dish/pan mountain.

My perfect kitchen would include counter tops that fold up into the wall at night, disposing of stuff left on the counter. :p The record in this house is 3.5 hours from empty counter to counter so cluttered you couldn't set anything else down.

Seriously, deep sinks and cutting/prep surfaces that are height adjustable - there is almost a foot difference in height between DW and me. Other wish list items: 6 burner gas stove top, two ovens, deep sinks, and gel pads to stand on when working.